Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

26 90 Day Lates???

tag
choppa02
Contributor

26 90 Day Lates???

Can someone help me understand why I'm getting hit with 90 day lates every month since 2011 its a five year old collection account originally from fingerhut transfered to Jefferson Capital are they allowed to do that?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: 26 90 Day Lates???

@choppa02 wrote:
Can someone help me understand why I'm getting hit with 90 day lates every month since 2011 its a five year old collection account originally from fingerhut transfered to Jefferson Capital are they allowed to do that?

Hi choppa02 and welcome to the forums!!!! Have you pulled your credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com 

Where did you get your credit reports from? 3rd party reports differ and can be misleading even from myFICO. I always advocate to pull from the link listed above and its the most accurate and detailed. A CA is not allowed to list lates every month. 

Message 2 of 15
choppa02
Contributor

I bought all three reports from here on myfico. Under experian it has 26 90 days lates starting on jun 11 up to july 2013 and under equifax it has 3 90 day lates as well as payments I never made and under transunion it shows the original creditor listed twice on with metabank and the other with citibank both say charged off and transfered
Message 3 of 15
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would pull your credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com You are allowed 1 free report from each CRA per 12 months. 

Message 4 of 15
choppa02
Contributor

Ok I just pulled it up on annualcreditreport it has it reported as a collection account from apr 11 up until jul 13 that's a big difference than 90 day lates... the account is for $199 should I try to pfd or let it age off my report in oct of next year?
Message 5 of 15
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Unpaid debt never goes away. What is your state SOL? You can try to PFD if they don't accept then you would PIF and then send good will letter asking to remove from your credit report. 

Message 6 of 15
choppa02
Contributor

The debt will be 6 years old in oct my state SOL is 5 years. I will try to pfd and see what happens... one more question I filled a dispute for multiple items on my report two items were deleted but the rest were verified my ex was at 630 before I filled the disputes now it sits at 556 after, now I'm sitting here like **bleep**!? Its extremely disappointing going bacwards
Message 7 of 15
choppa02
Contributor

Did I possible hurt my score by disputing old debt?
Message 8 of 15
Shokk
Established Contributor

@choppa02 wrote:
Did I possible hurt my score by disputing old debt?

Its possible if the TLs hadn't been updating monthly.  When you disputed and it came back verified, it updated the TL.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 9 of 15
choppa02
Contributor

Darn it! I guess I shouldve been more careful in disputing those items smh! ... I'll send out settlement and pfd and see if I get lucky. For debts outside my state SOL do u recommend sending out settlement offers of 10% - 25% as well pfd included or should I just send the settlement offer and a gw letter later if they accept?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.