kmkrhb

26 point jump?

[ Edited ]

I posted another thread about direct loan lates affecting my husband's score here ... but I did have one other quick question:

Our only other hope for raising his CS the 26 points we need it to re-qualify for our mortgage on the house we're closing on in 2 weeks is the one credit card he has out. He used to have two-- one that was $1000 CL with $1000 high credit, but we paid that off a year ago and he closed it (we didn't realize at the time we probably should have left it open)

The other credit card that is currently active had a limit of $1200. He had a balance of $1243. We paid it down to $120, per our lender's suggestion. We got a letter with this balance and she is going to get a Quickscore Rescore.

If his revolving debt was over 100% utilization and it's now down to 10%, I am praying that this could potentially be enough to boost his score back up to  qualifying (which would be a 26 point increase). Can anyone say if this is wishful thinking or if it might be possibile based on those numbers??

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

Re: 26 point jump?

it is possible.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

DaveSignal wrote:

it is possible.

+1. Especially if that was the only CC over the limit and/or utilization was listed as a negative factor in your tri-merge report.

kmkrhb

This part?

• Serious Delinquency
  • Number of accounts with Delinquency
  • Proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on bank revolving accounts
  • Too many accounts with balances
  • Number of inquiries impacted score
Valued Contributor
j_casteel

I'd say you have a very good chance of the 26pt increase. I know just by dropping my util by 25% that I had an instant increase of close to 10pts. So I'm sure dropping it ~90% will provide a nice incease.

Good Luck,

John

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+