Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Chance - Starting from scratch.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd Chance - Starting from scratch.

First and foremost. I have been reading on this forum for a few months now, and finally registered today. So Hi and all that. 

So my situation.  When I was young I destroyed my credit. Just bad luck with jobs, lack of responsibility etc. About 12 years ago I moved out of the country. Creditors haunted me even out of the country but I was working and had a better income life was more stable. I made payments on my deliquencies over a few years and got everything paid off.  Then for the past 8 years I never put a second thought into my credit in the states.  I built pretty good credit over seas but I still made mistakes occasionaly late, debt ratio higher then it should etc. But nothing delinquent. 

My current career brought me back to the states as we are expanding here.  One of the first things I did when I got back was check my credit just to see where I sat. 

4 Months ago my credit report was 1/4 page long with not a thing on it. Nothing no good no bad no nothing. So here I am 40 years old and starting over 

I read through these forums before I did anything. But here is what I have done so far. 

Capital One Quick Silver Card $300.00 unsecured

Capital One Platinum $300.00 unsecured

Finger Hut Fresh Start $130

I use the credit cards once a month to fill up the tank just to use $40-$50 and then pay it off right away so the accounts stay open but I keep a low to 0 balance

Finger hut I ordered a $70 item and made 2 payments and about 15 minutes ago just paid it off now awaiting for my revolving account.  Once that goes into effect I will treat it like I do my capital one cards small items pay off right away etc. 

Pulled my score again yesterday I have 510 TU 505 EF 505 EX 4 months ago I had no reportable score. 

And all 3 accounts are reporting well. 

What else would you do from here. I know that this is a game of patience and longevity but just curious if there was anything else you would do if given this option to start fromd scratch. I want to really pay attention to my credit this time around and make sure I do things as best as I can. 

Thanks in advance for any advise. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd Chance - Starting from scratch.

Besides a CC why don't you try a Personal Loan, Or a Credit Builder's Loan?

I applied for the Credit Builder's Loan, with My Credit Union they don't do a Hard Inquiry, and they report before my Capital One Card.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.