Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd PFD letter. Can I get a critique?

tag
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

2nd PFD letter. Can I get a critique?

So if by Saturday I have not received a response from CMRE regarding my 1st PFD... I will sending this out Monday.

"As of 6/14/2014 I have not received a response from CMRE Financial Services regarding either letter (sent 5/20/2014 and 5/28/2014) referencing account #XXX. It is my assumption that, if CMRE Financial Services had accepted my offer of full amount over a payment plan, CMRE Financial Services would have replied rather promptly. Since CMRE Financial Services has not responded to my previous offer, it has been rescinded. However, as my goal is to remove this item from my reports, I am willing to provide another offer.

This is NOT: a promise to pay, a renewal, an admittance to this debt, or in any way me agreeing this debt is mine. This is a restricted offer only.

In an effort to remove the above referenced account, I am willing to pay $150, in 3 payments of $50 each by means of certified funds, starting on 7/15/2014. Each subsequent payment will be received withing thirty (30) days of receipt of the prior payment. Upon receipt and clearance of the 3 payments of $50, the above referenced account must be satisfied in full and closed, removed from my report(s), and a settlement letter in full must be sent.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 Days from your receipt of this settlement/agreement offer OR this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as allowed by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If you decide to decline this offer, and begin calling about this alleged debt, expect the next letter from me to be a Cease and Desist letter, attached with it, a request for Full Validation. Thank you for your time, and I sincerely hope to hear from you soon."

So there is it. Anything I should add/delete/change? Should I include copies of my previous two letters? Any advice appreciated. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2nd PFD letter. Can I get a critique?

I would give them 30 days from date of previous letter(s) to respond even though you only are giving them 15 days; and you would not want to send a C&D and request a DV in the same letter they contradict each other in this way: You would be putting them under a no contact order and at the same time asking to violate that order by requesting they contact you with results of a DV. After a CA receives a C&D they can contact you one more time to info you they are ceasing all collection actions. I will also warn you that if this debt is still within states SOL a C&D would most likely result in a lawsuit for the full amount owed so I would be weighing that as well, other than that IMO the letter is good.

Message 2 of 19
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I would give them 30 days from date of previous letter(s) to respond even though you only are giving them 15 days; and you would not want to send a C&D and request a DV in the same letter they contradict each other in this way: You would be putting them under a no contact order and at the same time asking to violate that order by requesting they contact you with results of a DV. After a CA receives a C&D they can contact you one more time to info you they are ceasing all collection actions. I will also warn you that if this debt is still within states SOL a C&D would most likely result in a lawsuit for the full amount owed so I would be weighing that as well, other than that IMO the letter is good.

Ok, I guess I will wait until the 19th to send out a 2nd PFD then. If they do not respond within 30 days of the 2nd PFD, should I request full validation?

I'm outside the SOL on this one by nearly a year.

Cards I'm aiming to get:
Message 3 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Ok, I guess I will wait until the 19th to send out a 2nd PFD then. If they do not respond within 30 days of the 2nd PFD, should I request full validation?

I'm outside the SOL on this one by nearly a year.

You can try a full DV, you may not get a response on that either, a timely DV (sent within 30 days of a CAs first contact) puts them under a C&D until such time that they validate, a DV at any other time unless you live in TX may never get responded to, all you can do is keep trying with the PFD if they dont respond to the DV either

Message 4 of 19
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

I had never received anything from this CA until after I contacted them about it being on my reports. This debt is scheduled to stay on my report for another couple of years, so I really hope they start responding! They tried to make me pay in full last month, so I sent them a letter right back saying I never agreed to that, and now nothing from them. This is so frustrating.

Cards I'm aiming to get:
Message 5 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@xaiduz114 wrote:

I had never received anything from this CA until after I contacted them about it being on my reports. This debt is scheduled to stay on my report for another couple of years, so I really hope they start responding! They tried to make me pay in full last month, so I sent them a letter right back saying I never agreed to that, and now nothing from them. This is so frustrating.

They are masters of disguise and underhanded tactics. Every CA/JDB can be overcome by learning the counter moves to their moves and you then become their master. The older this debt gets the less valuable it becomes to the JDB as they know you gain the upper hand as it ages and once its gone from your CRs due to CRTP you effectively end up with all the power. They have already lost the ability to get you to PIF as its past states SOL, this IMO makes the debt worth less than 50% of face value right now, and it will decrease each month going forward, it is in their best interests to settle with you before it hits CRTP. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

They are masters of disguise and underhanded tactics. Every CA/JDB can be overcome by learning the counter moves to their moves and you then become their master. The older this debt gets the less valuable it becomes to the JDB as they know you gain the upper hand as it ages and once its gone from your CRs due to CRTP you effectively end up with all the power. They have already lost the ability to get you to PIF as its past states SOL, this IMO makes the debt worth less than 50% of face value right now, and it will decrease each month going forward, it is in their best interests to settle with you before it hits CRTP. Good luck Smiley Happy

The offer I have there for $150 is about 39-40% of the total amount... I'm guessing that's a good amount? I didn't even want to do 50% because of how rude they had become after being oh so nice over the phone... lol

And thank you, gdale Smiley Happy You're awesome!

Cards I'm aiming to get:
Message 7 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

The offer I have there for $150 is about 39-40% of the total amount... I'm guessing that's a good amount? I didn't even want to do 50% because of how rude they had become after being oh so nice over the phone... lol

And thank you, gdale Smiley Happy You're awesome!

IMO that is a most generous offer at this point in time, keep that offer for now. They are the queens of rudeness as well, everything they do and when they do it serves their purpose, as the Godfather would say "Its business, not personal". I jave had individuals working for CAs call me every name you can think of in the book and all I ever do is laugh at them, I never return such insults, you would be amazed at how laughing at them can silence one, permanently... Its happend to me more than once.

Message 8 of 19
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

Have you tried calling them?

I had an acct with them and they were very pleasant.  I sent a PFD letter and got a response in 30 days and then I called to speak with them. I wasn't able to make the payment at that time and I called her a few months later and she still honored the price reduction.  I made the payment over the phone with a cc and within a week she sent me the pfd letter. 60 days later and all the account were gone from my CRs.  Same thing for my fiance...we paid his over the phone and she faxed him the letters. But his acct were gone in 30 days.

Message 9 of 19
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

This is CMRE? I sent an email PFD to their email address from their website stating I was willing to accept their settlement offer (70%) in exchange for full removal. Got a response fairly quickly. I would give email a shot.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.