Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd secure card

tag
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Re: 2nd secure card

Hi guiness! I'm going my states courthouse on tomorrow to inquire about vacating a judgement. It has been paid since May 2013.. it was originally filed in August 2012. I live in Ohio. Do you have any suggestions on how I should go about handling this? I appreciate any help you can provide. 

Message 11 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

; (4) the judgment has been satisfied, released or discharged, or a

prior judgment upon which it is based has been reversed or otherwise vacated, or it is no longer
equitable that the judgment should have prospective application;

Based on Ohio's Rule for Civil Procedures Rule 60 b(4), it can be vacated once satisified.  I would contact the court clerk and ask how to go about that.
Message 12 of 18
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Thxx so much guiness! I'm gonna try to do this myself.. fingers crossed lol ..I talked to 2 attorneys and they want $1500 to do this.. so hopefully I can save myself that expense.  

Message 13 of 18
antdave93
Regular Contributor

I live in new jersey
Those are the only ones on transunion and Equifax
Experian has a old comcast bill and a collector eastern recovery
Same account i was told,neither show a balance,but eastern recovery has a No status.
I disputed twice and it came back valid. But on my experian fico reports it does not show Comcast only eastern recovery
Message 14 of 18
antdave93
Regular Contributor

Make any sense? It dont to me.
Experian is like my red headed step child
Giving me all the problems
Message 15 of 18
antdave93
Regular Contributor

Almost forgot transunion scores just went from 595 to 642 today
And it states my score is helped by long credit history
Thats why i am hesitant to delete my oldest account
So thats almost 50 points without me doing anything
You see my point? Its crazy!
Message 16 of 18
antdave93
Regular Contributor

I must confess, this whole rebuilding credit thing has been mentally draining. With all the letters,phone calls, disputing and begging. A month ago i was just like whatever.
But the only thing that keep me going is one day buying a house for me and my two boys. I at least owe them that for my past dumb financial mistakes.
Message 17 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

New Jersey also allows for vacating a satisfied judgment:

RULE 4:50. Relief From Judgment Or Order 4:50-1. Grounds of Motion

On motion, with briefs, and upon such terms as are just, the court may relieve a party or the party's legal representative from a final judgment or order for the following reasons: (a) mistake, inadvertence, surprise, or excusable neglect; (b) newly discovered evidence which would probably alter the judgment or order and which by due diligence could not have been discovered in time to move for a new trial under R. 4:49; (c) fraud (whether heretofore denominated intrinsic or extrinsic), misrepresentation, or other misconduct of an adverse party; (d) the judgment or order is void; (e) the judgment or order has been satisfied, released or discharged, or a prior judgment or order upon which it is based has been reversed or otherwise vacated, or it is no longer equitable that the judgment or order should have prospective application; or (f) any other reason justifying relief from the operation of the judgment or order.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.