cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd try!! Equable Ascent Financial is the CA that has sued me, I'm trying to settle with them.

tag
rose214
New Contributor

2nd try!! Equable Ascent Financial is the CA that has sued me, I'm trying to settle with them.

Equable Ascent Financial bought my GE Money/JCP card account that I owe on. They have taken the legal action and I was unable to make the court date so a default judgement has already been placed. Is there a way I can offer a settlement to EAF to where they remove their info and the judgement from my report or am I stuck with it on my credit report now that its on the judgement? i only owe about $1200, but that's the additional fees and charges, originally my credit card limit was $400, the amount kept raising due to late fees and charges. I dont mind paying part of the total amount but feel that the additional charges are outragous.

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2nd try!! Equable Ascent Financial is the CA that has sued me, I'm trying to settle with them.

@rose214 wrote:

Equable Ascent Financial bought my GE Money/JCP card account that I owe on. They have taken the legal action and I was unable to make the court date so a default judgement has already been placed. Is there a way I can offer a settlement to EAF to where they remove their info and the judgement from my report or am I stuck with it on my credit report now that its on the judgement? i only owe about $1200, but that's the additional fees and charges, originally my credit card limit was $400, the amount kept raising due to late fees and charges. I dont mind paying part of the total amount but feel that the additional charges are outragous.

The increasing charges and interest would have been set by the court. If I had that I would contact them and ask exactly what you said: Can I pay in exchange for you (Equable) to ask the court for a vacate and therefore a delete off your CR? Some in here had success in doing just that by paying it in exchange for the plaintiff's attorneys to file a motion to vacate and that usually results in a deletion.

Message 2 of 4
rose214
New Contributor

Re: 2nd try!! Equable Ascent Financial is the CA that has sued me, I'm trying to settle with them.

llecs wrote:

The increasing charges and interest would have been set by the court. If I had that I would contact them and ask exactly what you said: Can I pay in exchange for you (Equable) to ask the court for a vacate and therefore a delete off your CR? Some in here had success in doing just that by paying it in exchange for the plaintiff's attorneys to file a motion to vacate and that usually results in a deletion

The court's default judgement was actually for the original amount of $1027 plus court fees and such. Equable Ascent is showing on my CR as I owe about $1200.00, so they have definately added their fees. the original amount of $1027 is what the final came too when GE Money/JCP finally sold it off to CA. GE Money kept adding in the late charges and fees and such.

I will try to send a PFD request to Equable with a settlement offer to see what they say. I've never sent a settlement offer, what would the recommendation be? I was thinking maybe 60%???

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Offer something where it lives some negoitation room for you if they don't accept.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.