Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 4 year old charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 4 year old charge offs

I have been reading and reading in the forum because I do not want to bother anyone with. The same question that has been asked but I have found little help for my situation,
I currently have on my credit report 2 chase accounts that were charged off in Jan 2009 and 1 us bank at the same time, the amounts are ranging from 3500-5000 I have tried to contact them and the debts have been sold, I have followed the trail to who owns the debt now and am working on negotiating, however in order to get a job I need to have the charge offs removed, or paid,

I am wandering what the best path is to take regarding how best to get those into a paid as agreed or something that shows I no longer owe them. I also just wanted to know if I should do the negotiating with current debt owners even though they are not reporting to the credit agencies, will that help in getting the info changed whither the original creditors?

Thank you to any and all responses I am getting very concerned we will never get the job we want.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 3 4 year old charge offs

If the OC has sold the debt, they are done with you regarding satisfaction of the debt.  They cannot accept payment.

They have already reported $0 debt due to them.  To get the CO itself deleted from your CR would require GW letters to them.

The debt exists, regardless of whether they have reported to the CRAs.  They can report at any time.

You have three basic options.  You can just PIF today, and the debt will be satisfied.  You can try to negotiate a settlement with them for less than the full debt.

Option three is to make a them an offer to pay in exchange for their agreement either to delete any credit reporting, or if they have not yet reported, their agreement not to report. 

If time is not critical, it is best to try the pay for not reporting route first.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 4 year old charge offs

Do I need to pay he new owners of the debt before I send a GW letter to the OC? Thanks!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.