cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Collections removed from credit report today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Collections removed from credit report today!

I've been working on rebuilding my credit for some time now. I sent debt validation letters to SouthWest Credit systems, IC System Inc and Caine and Weiner...

I sent debt validation letters to all 3 stating to prove the debt was mine etc about 2 months ago. SW was $766, IC $744 and Caine and Weiner $249.

I had not heard from any of them so I disputed the accounts through the EQ,TR,EX about 7 days ago just to get some clarity. All 3 came back with "meets FCRA requirements and the debts are updated".

Then I disputed them again reporting the accounts were inaccurate, not mine and they failed to provide me with any sort of validation. When I put the dispute in I noted I would be contacting the BBB for unfair credit practices.

Checked today. Equifax - all 3 gone! Experian 2 gone! I haven't updated Trans yet.

So excited!

The road to rebuilding in a freight train! 

I''ll wait a few days and check to see the impact to my credit score

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 3 Collections removed from credit report today!

Were the debts in fact not yours, or was that only a way to get a new dispute considered?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Collections removed from credit report today!

I could be wrong, but often times they temporarily stop reporting a debt when it is being disputed. In my validation letters I specifically told them that they would be sued if they did not stop reporting the alleged debts during the dispute process. So I hate to burst your bubble but I think they may reappear after the dispute is closed. Have the CRAs reported that your disputes are actually fully closed with them? If not, the dispute is open still, and the removal is probably temporary. :\

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.