cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Judgements deleted but only a 6 point increase?!?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Judgements deleted but only a 6 point increase?!?!?!

I disputed 3 judgements on my credit report.  They got deleted so far from Experian.  My score only went up 6 points according to Experian monitoring system/report.  Is their credit scoring accurate to what a leder would see?  I would of thought it would of gone higher...went from 506 to 512.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Judgements deleted but only a 6 point increase?!?!?!

Judgments/public records fall into your "payment history" portion of your score (a little over 1/3 of your FICO points come from this portion).

Depending on what else is going on in your "payment history" section, removing them may not have had much effect (as reflected in the underwhelming rise in score from having them removed).  Late payments, missed payments, the number of accounts you have which show even one of these, foreclosures, repossessions, chargeoffs, collections (open or closed) - all of these affect your "payment history" section's score, in addition to judgments.  The age of each lessens its affect too, so if your judgments were older than a couple of years, their effect was already diminished.

Anyone pulling your credit - whether it's Experian's monitoring service (CCT), a third-party score/report provider like myFICO, one of your current lenders, or a prospective lender - sees the same information.  They take the information they find and put it through one of a dozen FICO scoring models (FICO 8 being one version but certainly not the only one out there) to spit out a score.  For example, if you are looking for an auto loan, lenders considering your application may apply auto-enhanced FICO 8, or regular FICO 8, or mortgage FICO 5, or any of the available versions they like; each of these likely yields a different score on the same file.   The file remains the same, but may yield slightly different results depending on the lender's calculations.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think that they are gone makes me more credit worthy correct(even though no jump in score)?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I think that they are gone makes me more credit worthy correct(even though no jump in score)?

Any derog removed from your report looks better.

Message 4 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I feel for you OP.  Its kinda depressing. But all you can do is to move on to your next fight. Pick another baddie to smite. There is a 700 score out there with your name on it and this forum will help you find it

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement. Checked credit karma today and Another collection got deleted this week, so another one down...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got notification from transunion today they are deleting the judgements as well.  So I should see the deletion on credit karma any day now....  So two credit agencies down, 1 waiting on answer....

Message 7 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

If you have other negative items on your report you will unfortunately, not see a huge bump until ALL the derogs are gone.

BUT, you are doing better because public record is a big denial reason.

Hang in there and keep working on it. Rebuilding takes time.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 8 of 9
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed 3 judgements on my credit report.  They got deleted so far from Experian.  My score only went up 6 points according to Experian monitoring system/report.  Is their credit scoring accurate to what a leder would see?  I would of thought it would of gone higher...went from 506 to 512.  

To the OP, congrats !

I too, have 1 paid judgement on my EQ report, but some fico members keep citing regs that I cannot get it removed until the due, fall of date of December '17. 

Just curious,  was yours paid and did you just dispute them and what were the reason given ?

Mine do not show it satisfied,  no furnisher of information,  just case number and date of entry.

Any advice you can shed to a rather newbie would be appreciated as I get so much conflicting information !

Again, congrats on yours !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.