cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Judgments Removed 8 Deragatories & 4 Collections Only 5 Points Increased?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Judgments Removed 8 Deragatories & 4 Collections Only 5 Points Increased?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It's possible and real unfortunately. With other derogs present you will see very little score movement as you just experienced.

wow I dont understand it, I feel so defeated, I ran around like a crazy fool within the last month, getting all information, disputing, paying off collection and PFD requested documents from Dept of ED... all off these for a lousy 5 points? I mean I just dont see how that is near possible... My score on Vantage 3.0 went hell down, was at 678 and went to 611 after all these were removed! and my FICO just 5 points incease... What more can i do with my current credit report if that's even the case - my 2 collections are medical and from 2010. 

Anyone knows how score is calculated? is it by the CRA or FICO? I'm just in real disbelief and Im looking for some answer.

As I frequently try to stress - it not "all about the score" its All About the REPORT. Two different people's reports may show similar scores, but one report can look signifigantly better than the other with fewer derogs, or paid items vs unpaid items - and THAT person will have a much easier time getting new accounts opened. Your goal should be a clean report, rather than any specifc score. Once the reports are clean the scores will follow.

Its quite common for scores to change only a few points as derogs are removed, until the final few come off - thats when the big jumps occur, provided your UTI is in the "good" range.

But I feel like that the score is the final stamp of approval how you are doing - I dont think all creditors look at your report and analyze it... most of them are run through the system and if system doesnt like your score, you dont even go to the next level for review... 

I mean how is it possible to haev all these deragatories removed and only gain 5 points. I have to be home to show my before and after snapshot of Transunion but nothing has really changed they deleted almost all negatives and I was told a million times that the older the baddies are the lesser impact to your credit. Well this doesnt seem to be the case, my baddies are from FDOD of 1997 and how is it impacting my score? as well as 2 collection of medical from 2010. 

Also with these disputes my original DTI was reduced significantly, from $8,200 down to $1,400 by taking out $6,800 of Charge Off account that wasn't mind. 

I had 1 collection deleted few days ago for merely $250 and my score went up 6 points... and now with all those removals how is it I only gained 5 points? I mean this is really bothering me, that I spent $100 to pull my most updated score/report from MyFico and CCT but both shows the same informations.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen, I went through exactly what you are going through and it blows! I felt what you feel right now. So I can say "I know how you feel".

You can get through this by controlling your actions and emotions (Self Control).

It's okay to get discouraged. We all do. But it's important to brush off the dust and stay the course. Your skin will grow thicker and you have no choice but to be patient.

Your only other option is to give up...And you have to say to yourself as "Meatloaf Sings", I WON'T DO THAT!!!!!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some things just weigh more than others :/

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are doing great, stay the course!   In your sig, is this correct, you are showing 9 new accounts from the past 2 months?      That is a LOT of new accounts and may be holding you down until they age a while....I think your scores will come up nicely with good use and age of the new accounts.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.