Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Negatives and 1 collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Negatives and 1 collection

Hello!  I am working on rebuilding my credit so that when my Discharged Ch. 13 falls off in Nov. 2011 I can buy a house.  Here is what I have on my report I pulled from MyFico.

The following have I paid off in full, but want to know if anything can be done about the late pays. Smiley Sad

Conn's - Bal is 0, Pays account as agreed, worst delinquency of 120 days.  Opened in 11-2006 and DOLA 04-2010.

Care/Gemb - Bal is 0, Pays account as agreed, worst delinquency of 90 days.  Opened in 11-2006 DOLA 09-2009

Hsbc Bank - Bal is 0, Pays account as agreed, worst delinquency of 60 days. Opened 06-2007 DOLA 04-2010

The collection appeared in Mar 2010 from an agency who is collecting money for my previous apartment complex.  Apartments claim $673 to repair carpet.  IMO the carpet was already 3-4 years old when I moved in, so it should have been their responsibility to pay for replacing especially after paying pet rent and deposit.  The carpet was not even damaged.

MyFico Score - 08/2010 589

Thank you and God Bless!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 3 Negatives and 1 collection

For the late payments send them a GW letter asking if they would remove them.  They don't have to but may.  If they say no, send another one to someone else in the company.

As for the collections. 

Look up the landlord/tenant laws for your state.  See what is and is not chargeable.  Find out if they (apartment) was required to do a moveout walk through with you and if BOTH of you needed to sign the paperwork.  Did they tell you in advance they were charging you?  Did they give you an itemized accounting of what your pet deposit and normal deposit was used for?  (As far as I know, they cannot use a security deposit for damages, it is for rent only).

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Negatives and 1 collection

Thanks guiness56!  The apartment manager was too busy to do a walk through with me.  She said she would call me back to schedule and never did.  Then I received the notice about the money due for carpet damage and that it was immediately being turned over to the collection agency.  They did a very basic invoice w/o any details of how the carpet charges were figured.  I think I will write the office and ask for a detailed invoice and maybe see if they took any pics to prove the damage.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.