Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Questions, CRA Report, Cap1 and Dispute Approval

tag
Backsightzero

3 Questions, CRA Report, Cap1 and Dispute Approval

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions since I am new to the game. Thank you in advance!

1.) I tried to get my reports from free annual credit report via mail. EQ sent it right away. TU and EX responded that they could not verify my identity and requested the usual supporting documents. I then made my copies and sent my documents by mail including a cover letter and a copy of their request letter. It has been 2 1/2 weeks now and I have not heard from either of them. Is this normal and what is the typical wait time?

2.) I obtained a Cap1 secured card to build my credit. When I first applied, it was $49 for a $200CL. I paid them $99 total to make it an even $250. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I called them to increase the limit by another $250 by deposit, which cleared my account the same day and I have a letter from them stating this.

They had told me that once the funds clear the credit will be available. My CL as reflected on Cap1's website still only shows the $250. I was hoping to get this in before the report/statement date (tomorrow the 5th) to reflect a higher CL and lower usage on the balance ($29 annual fee) since I want it to reflect under 10%.

Is this normal for them? I have never dealt with a financial place that drags their feet so much. It took me over 2 weeks to receive the card after they said they had mailed it.

3.) On the EQ report I did get, I disputed 2 items and checked the status online after a couple days and it was found to be deleted in my favor. However I have not received any email/postal mail from them with proof as they stated they would send after the conclusion of the investigation. The dispute was submitted online Jan, 22nd, and the determination document was dated Jan. 24th. Is this normal as well? I would think they would have auto-emailed me the document since it was available from the website.

Thank you again and if I seem impatient it is because..I am!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Re: 3 Questions, CRA Report, Cap1 and Dispute Approval

@Backsightzero wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions since I am new to the game. Thank you in advance!

1.) I tried to get my reports from free annual credit report via mail. EQ sent it right away. TU and EX responded that they could not verify my identity and requested the usual supporting documents. I then made my copies and sent my documents by mail including a cover letter and a copy of their request letter. It has been 2 1/2 weeks now and I have not heard from either of them. Is this normal and what is the typical wait time?

2.) I obtained a Cap1 secured card to build my credit. When I first applied, it was $49 for a $200CL. I paid them $99 total to make it an even $250. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I called them to increase the limit by another $250 by deposit, which cleared my account the same day and I have a letter from them stating this.

They had told me that once the funds clear the credit will be available. My CL as reflected on Cap1's website still only shows the $250. I was hoping to get this in before the report/statement date (tomorrow the 5th) to reflect a higher CL and lower usage on the balance ($29 annual fee) since I want it to reflect under 10%.

Is this normal for them? I have never dealt with a financial place that drags their feet so much. It took me over 2 weeks to receive the card after they said they had mailed it.

3.) On the EQ report I did get, I disputed 2 items and checked the status online after a couple days and it was found to be deleted in my favor. However I have not received any email/postal mail from them with proof as they stated they would send after the conclusion of the investigation. The dispute was submitted online Jan, 22nd, and the determination document was dated Jan. 24th. Is this normal as well? I would think they would have auto-emailed me the document since it was available from the website.

Thank you again and if I seem impatient it is because..I am!

Cap always drags me out for 10 business days from the date I initiate the deposit. I've done it twice and both times, they take 10 business days....

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.