Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 cap1 accts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 cap1 accts?

Im a lil bummed at the moment. Iv had the secured card for 10 months. Always pay way more than min payment. Util is @23%. Got the QS1 last month, hasn't been reported yet. I read a lot about how well the QS1 &Plat work together so finally applied for the Plat yesterday and was denied. I haven't received an explanation letter yet...but super disappointed to lose the 4 points. Scores range from 647-672
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
laylandad
Valued Member

Re: 3 cap1 accts?

Don't feel bad! I'm in the same boat. I have a secured card and was recently approved for a QS1 card. With the advice on this forum, I applied for the Platinum MC but was denied. I called and spoke with a CSR at Capital One about being denied the Platinum MC and after checking with his supervisor, I was told that they count the secured card as one of the "two" accounts that they allow. I was told that I could cancel the secured card and reapply in 30 days. I will not do that just yet. Hopefully they will let me combine the two cards and then do a PC to the Quicksilver card. I know that there are many people who have more than 2 Capital One accounts, but I believe that the cards they have are a different tiered card. The QS1 and the Platinum MC are considered subprime.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..thank u. Why is it that u Don't want to cancel out ur secured yet? Oldest card? What are your scores?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laylandad wrote:
Don't feel bad! I'm in the same boat. I have a secured card and was recently approved for a QS1 card. With the advice on this forum, I applied for the Platinum MC but was denied. I called and spoke with a CSR at Capital One about being denied the Platinum MC and after checking with his supervisor, I was told that they count the secured card as one of the "two" accounts that they allow. I was told that I could cancel the secured card and reapply in 30 days. I will not do that just yet. Hopefully they will let me combine the two cards and then do a PC to the Quicksilver card. I know that there are many people who have more than 2 Capital One accounts, but I believe that the cards they have are a different tiered card. The QS1 and the Platinum MC are considered subprime.

Secured cards are not eligible for account combination. Close it and open the unsecured Platinum.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im curious, how did u qualify for so many and such high lines of credit? Our scores are pretty close and I was denied the Cap1 Plat!! Im guessing ur AaoA is pretty good. Exp. reports my elecrtic bill that is 18 yrs old with no missed payments but TU & EQ dont show that acct.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Im curious, how did u qualify for so many and such high lines of credit? Our scores are pretty close and I was denied the Cap1 Plat!! Im guessing ur AaoA is pretty good. Exp. reports my elecrtic bill that is 18 yrs old with no missed payments but TU & EQ dont show that acct.

@I do have the advantage of a fairly long history with Cap One since 2011. Basically I just paid my balances down, and began "cycling" my spending through the cards and requested CLI's every 6 months. I've made sure to keep current on everything since late 2014 when I started this adventure. I began in Dec 2014 by paying down my cards and "using" them instead of just keeping them maxxed out, paying them in full several times per month. In Feb 2015 they went from $300/$500 to $800/$1500. In March, I apped and got a Barclay's Reward MC with a $1K limit. Then in Sept 2015, they went to $2300/$3500, and I combined them into one $5800 card, and applied for another Platinum @ $500, and Barclays auto-increased to $1400. The new Platinum one went to $1500 in December 2015, about the same time I got an offer for a Walmart Card ($500). The Walmart card auto-increased to $1200 in Jan 2016, and a couple weeks later I called and got it bumped to $3000.

The Fingerhut line I got in Dec 2014, and I've never used it.

My scores were low 500's in Dec 2014, and are low 600's now.

AAoA is just over 3 years.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u. That shines some light on the situation. I just checked my fico scores thu CCT and im @ 624TU-648EQ-658EX...I only have the one revolving acct showing thru all 3 CRAs but my AAoA is 12yrs w/EX & 6 w/ EQ. TU is only 8 months which really is hurting that score. I suppose i just need to be patient for a few, close the Cap1 secured and reAPP for the plat and keep requsting CLIs on the QS1. Sometimes being patient sucks! Lol
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think another thing in my favor has been no charged off revolving accounts at all.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...i also have no charge off revolving but i do have 2 baddies...well 1 on TU...2 on the other 2 CRA but both for medical bills
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.