Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 cards now what?

tag
PerfectCreditlol
Established Member

3 cards now what?

Hey guys. I was approved for VS and a Q card in November. Finally rcvd approval for a 3rd card in Jan-- Firestone Credit. I didn't apply for Capital One because I owed them for a card that I have now PIF.

Anyway, the VS and QCard both have a zero balance. Do I need to use these cards and pay the balance off each month?

My Firestone card has a balance-- I will be paying to 9% on Friday.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3 cards now what?

@PerfectCreditlol wrote:
Hey guys. I was approved for VS and a Q card in November. Finally rcvd approval for a 3rd card in Jan-- Firestone Credit. I didn't apply for Capital One because I owed them for a card that I have not PIF.

Anyway, the VS and QCard both have a zero balance. Do I need to use these cards and pay the balance off each month?

Yes use the cards and if you are not apping dont worry about maximizing your Fico you can move to that a month or two in advance of your next credit app.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not use them unless you need something from VS or QVC (need not want)  you would be better off to get a regular Visa or Master Card (either secured or unsecured) and use it like a debit card to pay any monthly bills you have that accept cards for payment.  Pay the card down prior to the statement being cut so that it has small balance under 10% and then pay in full before the due date to avoid paying interest.  Using store cards is agood way of getting into debt, not building good credit.

Message 3 of 17
PerfectCreditlol
Established Member

Just to confirm-- the cards will not report unless used?
Message 4 of 17
Pway
Valued Contributor

@PerfectCreditlol wrote:
Just to confirm-- the cards will not report unless used?

+1

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PerfectCreditlol wrote:
Hey guys. I was approved for VS and a Q card in November. Finally rcvd approval for a 3rd card in Jan-- Firestone Credit. I didn't apply for Capital One because I owed them for a card that I have not PIF.

Is the Cap One account charged off? If so, when was the charge off?

Message 6 of 17
PerfectCreditlol
Established Member

Yes it was charged off-- I believe 12/14. I just paid it last week. It has already updated. Do you know how long before I could get a pre approval? I've heard they are forgiving.
Message 7 of 17
jbsea
Established Contributor

I would check there pre approval site and see.  Yes there are very forgiving so you should be able to get back in with them.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PerfectCreditlol wrote:
Yes it was charged off-- I believe 12/14. I just paid it last week. It has already updated. Do you know how long before I could get a pre approval? I've heard they are forgiving.

1 year after CO it typically what you need. I had a fairly large CO with them that also went into a judgement and they gave me both the QS1 & Platinum cards with $500 limits.

Try this link;  https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_ONE_V01.aspx

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PerfectCreditlol wrote:

They blacklist for only twelve months after the charge off. Don't bother with the preapproval just apply.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.