Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 charge offs - can pay but need advice

tag
cam72
Established Member

Re: 3 charge offs - can pay but need advice

I had a CO with Macy's I would recommend calling them during the week and say you have an old account that you would like to settle with them. As far as I know they will take the money. send you a letter stating that the account  is paid in full and once you have the letter you can then contact the CRA's and dispute the entry to your reports that the collection agency is reporting If it is not already removed.

Macys will still report that you paid it off. More than likely they will offer you a new account.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

IMHO, an OC has no authority to ever require a CA to delete their prior, proper reporting to a CRA of their collectiion reporting, even if the OC accepts payment of the debt.

OC reporting is separate from CA reporting. 

Message 12 of 14
sbsgirl
Established Member

I understand that an OC has no authority to require a CA to delete.  There are no CA's reporting on my CR right now.    I am trying to prevent them from reporting by getting these debts taken care of.

I wonder if the OC updating to a paid charge off will cause my score to drop back down. 

2010 FICO 500

As of 12/10/12 FICO 674
Message 13 of 14
sbsgirl
Established Member

to cam72 -  I did that.  I called during the week.  The lady refused to take payment from me.  She said there was no way to pull it back from the CA and that there was no one else there I could talk to about getting that done.  She told me Macy's still owns it, but they won't take my payment.

2010 FICO 500

As of 12/10/12 FICO 674
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.