Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days and 33 points!

tag
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

3 days and 33 points!

I joined ScoreWatch 3 days ago so I could start rebuilding my credit so I can purchase a new vehicle later this year and a house in the next 3 years. The economy hit me hard while in college and forced me to miss payments, etc.

Three days ago my score was a 582, quite poor. It was my goal to get to a 620+ by September of this year so I could purchase a new vehicle with the help of a cosigner that has a 700+.

I made some calls over the past three days and received an email about an hour ago from myFico that I had a credit alert. Pleasantly to my surprise my score has already jumped to a 615! 33 points in the past 3 days.

Does anyone know how I can see what exactly caused this jump? I emailed a few companies asking them for deletes but I'm not sure which if any did it or what caused the jump in my score.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Re: 3 days and 33 points!

Congrats! You should probably join a credit monitoring site that you can pull a new tri report daily. Popular ones on the boards include Eliminate Theft ID MPM( I have this one), others use USAA Credit monitoring, there are others but I'm drawing a blank. Having a daily puller credit monitoring system is very handy when cleaning up your reports because you're able to see your progress. And you don't have to wonder about what changed and lead to your increase or decrease. Myfico updates are great for fico score changes and new items added to your report. But if something gets deleted it doesn't give you that info.
Message 2 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Where did you get the scores from?  FICO?  FAKO?   You could have had something deleted or fell off.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 12
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

I got it from myFico. 

Message 4 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Grats.  Nice gain.  Figuring out what caused a score increase can be next to impossible.  It may be a combination of factors and not one single item.  The best way to try to figure it out is to have access to daily credit reports like USAA or another service and the compare the two reports.  Check things like lates falling off, time since last late, decreases in reported UTIL, etc.  Sometimes, you will just scratch your head and say "oh well at least it went up."

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 12
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

Congrats indeed!

The alert didn't tell you what the source of the change was? They usually do that for me. They won't give details but they say something vague and I can piece it together. 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 12
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

The alert just said that a collections was removed, I want to know which collections though.

Message 9 of 12
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  Way to go!  It's such a great feeling, isn't it?  When you cick to view your alerts, and then you select the Details button, it should show you the old tradeline and then the newly reported information.  Compare this to your pre-dispute report and you should get an idea of what caused the jump  Either way though, congrats on the great progress!! Yay you!! Smiley Happy

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.