Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 for 3 so far

tag
battles11
Established Member

3 for 3 so far

Just started clearing up my credit 2 weeks ago sent out 3 pfds to afni, rjm and Eos-cca all accepted within a couple days. Who woulda thought it could be this easy. Now to tackle the dirt balls at lvnv hopefully my bbb complaint will take are of them. Thanks everyone for the help.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: 3 for 3 so far

Congrats! Boy do I wish some of my collections were with these companies. I got all the bad CA's, as if there were any good ones.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! Keep up the good work. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@battles11 wrote:
Just started clearing up my credit 2 weeks ago sent out 3 pfds to afni, rjm and Eos-cca all accepted within a couple days. Who woulda thought it could be this easy. Now to tackle the dirt balls at lvnv hopefully my bbb complaint will take are of them. Thanks everyone for the help.

It's only easy because people have spent a lot of heartache coming up with the contacts, the tactics to make it seem easy; then they stick around after their repair is done to pay it forward.

You got lucky as well. You got the run of mill large ones and have worked with you, which is awesome. 

But its not easy for everyone, in fact the majority have much harder time. Like, those chumps at FCO I am still working on.

So consider yourself fortunate.

Good work and congrats, its a great feeling! Good luck with LVNV; BBB gets decent results with them

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  It's always a YMMV thing when it comes to getting them deleted.  Some come off easy,  some you have to pry with a prybar.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 6 of 14
battles11
Established Member

just wanted to update got my bbb complaint  back today about LVNV they gonna delete everything. cant believe it. the lvnv account was by far most worse mark on credit reports. I thank every1 on here so much. 4 for 4.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@battles11 wrote:

Would you mind giving us some additional information on how much was owed on each accuont and how much you offered for PFD? Do you have a copy of the letter you sent them that you can share with us?

Message 8 of 14
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Wow! I have one agency and can't get them to budge. Thank your lucky stars and don't ever get a new collection cause for the most part it is never that simple! Congrats on your success~ and remember to share for those seeking help. Pay it forward. (o: 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
battles11
Established Member

The amounts  i owed on the 3 accounts were very small $81, 74 and 47. I just offered to pay in full.The only 1 i actually paid was RJM for 74. As far as the letter I just used the one floating around here and just kinda filled in the blanks. Ill post it below. Good Luck

Collection Agency 1212 Maple St City, State Zip

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor Account #: 00000xxxx

Amount: $25.00

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. I am not sure of the account number, as I have never heard from you regarding this account. The account number I have is the one listed on my Experian credit report which omits the last few digits.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or settlement percentage) if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) will be sent to Collection Agency in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

Collection Agency agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicity agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

You 123 Any Street City, State Zip

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.