cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 negative accounts to drop soon--How much of an increase can I expect?

tag
daddyaddy
Established Member

3 negative accounts to drop soon--How much of an increase can I expect?

As of today my Equifax Fico score is 709 and I have three negative closed accounts from a bankruptcy about to drop of my reports--the last one should drop off in September. How much of a score increase can I expect after these old records drop off? The negative closed accounts are from a bankruptcy. I'd really love to know since I'm planning on getting pre-qualified for a mortgage next year.  

Current Scores:
TU FICO- 740 - 10/12

EQ FICO- 713 - 10/12

EX - No idea...

CK FAKO - 693

Starting Scores:
TU - 684 - 1/11/10

EX - 695 - 1/11/10

EQ - 641 - 1/11/10
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 negative accounts to drop soon--How much of an increase can I expect?

@daddyaddy wrote:

As of today my Equifax Fico score is 709 and I have three negative closed accounts from a bankruptcy about to drop of my reports--the last one should drop off in September. How much of a score increase can I expect after these old records drop off? The negative closed accounts are from a bankruptcy. I'd really love to know since I'm planning on getting pre-qualified for a mortgage next year.  

We would need to know your open accounts and credit utilization before even hazarding a guess...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Somewhere between 0 and 141    Smiley Embarassed

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
daddyaddy
Established Member

Thanks for the replies!

I have three credit cards and 1 Macys card. My utilization is less than 10 percent on one card,and I'm planning to charge small amounts on each of my other cards each month and pay each in full regularly until I get pre-approved for a mortgage next year.

Current Scores:
TU FICO- 740 - 10/12

EQ FICO- 713 - 10/12

EX - No idea...

CK FAKO - 693

Starting Scores:
TU - 684 - 1/11/10

EX - 695 - 1/11/10

EQ - 641 - 1/11/10
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know the same thing. I have gotten 3 collections accounts approved from GW to be removed. I currently am waiting on my first credit card to arrive and I otherwise have no other forms of open credit but a mortgage payment.  I am trying to establish more credit with the credit card. My current credit is ghostly. Can anyone tell me how to calculate or anticipate how much my score can increase?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.