cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 points for paying Midland? I'll take it!

tag
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

3 points for paying Midland? I'll take it!

I had a charge-off with Midland for $384 in which I paid $232 for a Paid In Full status.  JUst got an update with a 3 point increase.  I'll take it!

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 3 points for paying Midland? I'll take it!

@sharriel wrote:

I had a charge-off with Midland for $384 in which I paid $232 for a Paid In Full status.  JUst got an update with a 3 point increase.  I'll take it!

Every point counts keep up the good work 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
jre
Regular Contributor

@sharriel wrote:

Would they do a delete for PIF? I wonder how many points your score would go up then?

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 3 of 7
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

I have been trying to get them to do a PFD for months now and they were NOT going for it.  I was sick of wasting my time so I just settled for less but as PIF remarks

Message 4 of 7
jre
Regular Contributor

@sharriel wrote:

I have been trying to get them to do a PFD for months now and they were NOT going for it.  I was sick of wasting my time so I just settled for less but as PIF remarks

I've read on here that a paid collections is just as bad as a unpaid collections scorewise, which makes no sense. I suppose on a manual review though it will make a BIG difference if the collections are paid rather than left unpaid.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 5 of 7
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Exactly why I did it Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@jre wrote:

@sharriel wrote:

I've read on here that a paid collections is just as bad as a unpaid collections scorewise, which makes no sense. I suppose on a manual review though it will make a BIG difference if the collections are paid rather than left unpaid.

The reason is because FICO scores on the collections itself.  A collection, paid or not, is a collection.  There are some that will see a score boost from paying for whatever reason.  Most will not.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.