Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 steps forward, 2 steps back - new collection items :(

tag
cwnewscore
Established Member

3 steps forward, 2 steps back - new collection items :(

I received notification from Quizzle of 3 new collection items from the same creditor. There is no discerning info on what they're for and I genuinely can't think of what they would be for (I'm really, really not just saying that!). I called the CA (one I haven't been able to find on the boards) and they couldn't tell me what the items were for because they couldn't locate me in the system by name and address. I pulled my EXP report and they're on there, but don't have full account numbers.

It was recommended that I dispute with the CRAs, but I'm scurred! Heh. I'm nervous that it's something that I've just totally forgotten about somehow... Partly looking for words of encouragement, partly looking for advice. Do I truly dispute with CRAs or go straight to the creditor who said they couldn't find me in their system?

As always, much appreciated.

Starting Score 9/2013: TU: 579 / EQ: 561 / EX: 548
Current Score 9/2013: TU: 579 / EQ: 561 / EX: 548
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cwnewscore
Established Member

Re: 3 steps forward, 2 steps back - new collection items :(

Bumping for advise. *bump*

Starting Score 9/2013: TU: 579 / EQ: 561 / EX: 548
Current Score 9/2013: TU: 579 / EQ: 561 / EX: 548
Goal Score: 650

Message 2 of 4
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Oh, I definately feel your pain....I am not sure about this one. Maybe you should send a DV letter??? I wouldn't go down the dispute path just yet. Do you have an older CR that you could compare to this one, so you could kind of see what the CA accounts "could" be??

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 3 of 4
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

If it was me, I'd send them a DV letter.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.