Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Days Past Due

tag
MandaNic2005
Established Member

30 Days Past Due

So, for the past few years I have been keeping up with my credit score, checking it atleast every couple months, and using my fico to keep up with it. That being said, this past week my husband and I went to buy a new car, and when they ran our credit mine came back a little lower than I expected. So when we got back home I came onto myfico and updated my report and score, to find one of my credit cards is all of a sudden reporting that I had a missed payment in January of 2007!? I have no idea where that came from, but I certainly did not have a missed payment EVER! I called the company and they said it will take them "weeks" to look into it. How is it even possible for that to just all of a sudden come up on my report from 2007? That one thing on my credit report dropped my score about 30 points! When it comes to getting a loan 30 points can make a huge difference for getting lower interest rates! What can I do?? I don't have my CC statements from that long ago? Is there anything I can do??? Very Very Angry right now! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Starting Score: 670
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: 30 Days Past Due

Do you keep copies of your reports? Any report dated after the 'missed date' showing it was not late could help. 

Message 2 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1 on what Lexie said. That is CRAZY! I have never heard of such a thing. I would be livid!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 7
MandaNic2005
Established Member

Yes I have a copy of my credit report from a few weeks ago where it was not listed. It is my toys r us CC which recently went from chase bank to GE capital. Ge capital can't even look up that time period since at that time the account was through chase, but GE capital is the one reporting it on my credit report?!? I just don't understand how they were even allowed to do that!!

Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@MandaNic2005 wrote:

Yes I have a copy of my credit report from a few weeks ago where it was not listed. It is my toys r us CC which recently went from chase bank to GE capital. Ge capital can't even look up that time period since at that time the account was through chase, but GE capital is the one reporting it on my credit report?!? I just don't understand how they were even allowed to do that!!

Dispute dispute dispute. Provide copies of the report and write in your dispute exactly what you said - disputes like this are better done in writing. 

goodluck!

Message 5 of 7
MandaNic2005
Established Member

So, just an update.... I sent copies of my credit reports and bank statements, showing that I made all payments to The CC company and Equifax, and it was removedSmiley Happy My credit score went back up almost 25 points!!

Message 6 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would not dispute through the CRA's as it is a OC account and cause even more of a score drop. I would send a direct dispute to the OC and let them investigate the late payment. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.