Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Days almost up

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

30 Days almost up

I Cert mailed a DV request to a CA which was signed almost 30 days ago and I would like to know how to go about it should I not receive a response after the 30th day?

I've read that Texas is the only state that this law remains but I've read on other sites that it does not matter which state you live in. I happen to live in California.

Do I send out a last and final request and wait another 15 days and if nothing send a letter to the CRA's with attached proof requesting deletion?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 30 Days almost up

@TheFate wrote:

I Cert mailed a DV request to a CA which was signed almost 30 days ago and I would like to know how to go about it should I not receive a response after the 30th day?

I've read that Texas is the only state that this law remains but I've read on other sites that it does not matter which state you live in. I happen to live in California.

Do I send out a last and final request and wait another 15 days and if nothing send a letter to the CRA's with attached proof requesting deletion?

If the DV is timely (requesting it within 30 days of new collection) then the CA cannot continue any collection efforts until they supply you with the validation. If you sent the DV with comments of dont contact me by phone only by mail then you will most likely not hear from them they will take the limited C&D as a full C&D, limiteds dont work. If you have sent this at any other time they dont have to do anything with your validation request and can continue collection actions. Texas is the only state that demands CAs respond under its finance code to a DV at any time. You can try mailing the CRAs the proof of delivery but they are on to this method and it usually is not successful. There is not much you can do at this point but wait.

Message 2 of 3
TheFate
Established Contributor

Re: 30 Days almost up

So if thats the case then whats the whole point of the FCRA? Makes no sense that a consumer has no right to validate a debt thats affecting his/ or her credit. Not to mention all the misleading websites that claim this a FCRA law.

So basically now all I can do is dispute with the Bureau's so then they give me some BS answer like "The debt has been validated and accurate" right?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.