Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 and 60 Day Late Removal Question

tag
spudbro
Valued Member

30 and 60 Day Late Removal Question

I had a 60 month auto loan that I opened in 2006  and in 2010 purchased a new vehicle and let a friend sublease the remaining payments from me (big mistake). Well the friend ended up falling behind on the payments and the last 5 months of the loan were all late as follows:

June 2011- 30 Day Late

July 2011- 30 Day Late

August 2011- 30 Day Late

September 2011- 60 Day Late

October 2011- 30 Day Late

October was the last payment and the loan was then completed and the car was paid off.

This is the only thing left on my credit that is negative and I literally have sent 20 goodwill letters and countless emails over the last 12 months trying to get the bank to either delete the tradeline or remove the lates. Finally today after a year of trying I received an email with an offer to delete the 30 day late from October and the 60 day late from September.

Will this help my score at all or is it pointless because of the lates right before them?

My plan is to accept the removal of the lates and after there removed keep trying to get the rest removed but I'm curious if at least getting these deleted will help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 30 and 60 Day Late Removal Question

Those two are the newest lates, with the 60 days being the biggest late.  Getting those removed because they are less than 2 years old will probably help some.  The rest of them are over 2 years old and probably are having no impact on your score now..

Message 2 of 7
spudbro
Valued Member

All the lates are still actually within 2 years. So if the most recent lates a 30 and a 60 day are deleted will it help my score even if the remaining 3 are still within 2 years or is it not going to help until the final 3 hit the 2 year mark in the next 3 moths?

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The ones from Sep and Oct will probably help some.  The others are so close to the 2 years they probably aren't hurting much. 

Message 4 of 7
spudbro
Valued Member

Okay thank you. I guess I will just wait for the agencies to update and see what happens.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You could keep trying for the others.  If they deleted the TL, is it one of your oldest?

Message 6 of 7
spudbro
Valued Member

Yea once the agencies update and the ones they said they would remove are removed then I'm going to keep trying to get the other ones removed. Figured Id not risk it and take there offer for the time being instead of pushing my luck. Especiall considering I have been trying for a year now lol.

It is actually one of my oldest tradelines but my AAoA is 1 year because of all the new credit I have received in the past 12 months rebuilding.

If you had to guess on a score bump could do you think it could be 10+ or pretty minimal if any because of the 3 that are 30 days right behind the 30 and 60 getting deleted?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.