Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30-day Late on Installment Loan

tag
CreditScoreFail
Established Member

30-day Late on Installment Loan

I'm behind on a few payments with a place I took a small loan from and they reported a 30 days late on my credit report.  I'm going to get caught up within the next week or so but I was wondering what I could do to try and get them to ammend that?  I was thinking about a goodwill letter but I don't know if I should first catch up with everything and then ask they remove the 30 day report -or- should I pay the entire loan off as agreed and at the end of my loan agreement request they remove it....

Thoughts?

Katy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: 30-day Late on Installment Loan

How long ago did the 30~day late occur ?   If this was a one~time late payment they might remove it for you.   If you haven't already, I would called and ask, no need to wait until your loan is paid.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: 30-day Late on Installment Loan

+1, I would wait until you caught up the loan first.

Also if this place is close to your home, go in person to catch up payments and ask about the 30day late.

It's easy for a person to tell you "no" over the phone, but standing there face to face, telling you "no" is alittle harder to do.

But if this loan place too far away, a phone call is better then a letter.

I would suggest doing both, a phone call and letter.

Let us know, what happens.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.