Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day late nationstar

tag
Mikey123
Valued Member

30 day late nationstar

I just had a 30 day late on my mortgage reported by nation star.  I had money stolen out of my checking which I use to pay the mortgage and couldn't come up with the payment in time. I did make a payment on my next payday and it went through on the 31sT day which was a Monday as my bank didn't send payments on weekends. I called nationstar and faxed in letters from my bank which indicated the charges on my checking account which are not mine but they are telling me there is nothing they can do and I have to contact the consumer.ftc.gov website and have them block my credit reporting for that period. Is anyone aware of this policy with the FTC? I am going to call them but wanted to post here to see if anyone else has had this issue and how it's best dealt with? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 30 day late nationstar

Yes, it is the FTC Fraud Affidavit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0094-identity-theft-affidavit.pdf

Fill that out, along with a police report about the fraud on your checking account and send those forms along with identification to the CRAs reporting the mortgage account and ask them to block that time frame.  You do not need to prove fraud and they have to do it within 5 business days.

This is the best way dealing with fraud and identity theft.

Message 2 of 3
Mikey123
Valued Member

Re: 30 day late nationstar

Thanks for the quick response and the link to the PDF form.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.