Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30-day late payment from BOA

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

30-day late payment from BOA

Hi Everyone,

I recently receive a 30-day late payment from BOA. I usually don't miss payments, but I had a cancelled subscription that kept charging me $19 per month. I've called BOA about this, and they have reserved all charges. However, they refuse to take out the 30-day late payment since it was my responsibility to pay my credit card on time. I understand this, but I rarely go online and look at this account. In any case, I don't really know what to do. From my understanding disputes or goodwill letter take a lot of time, so I'm incline to hire Lexington Law Firm.  I would appreciate any advice. 

Thank you,

D

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: 30-day late payment from BOA

A GW campaign to BoA is a better option than paying LL $100 a month to dispute the 30 day late on your report...

You can dispute it yourself for free although disputing valid information isn't something condoned here at myFICO.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Since it is a credit card billing issue, you have recourse to the much more comprehensive dispute process under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA).

That process, unlike the FCRA disute process, involves factual showings.

I suggest you check out use of an FCBA dispute, for which the FTC home page proivdes an overview.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

I have been reading a lot of the posts and I must say they are very helpful.  I have been on the side line for a while and have been a member 

for a month now, but this is my first post.

I had an auto loan with BofA which  was also reported as 30days late. I emailed the CEO and explained what happened. I took responsibility for the late

payment but asked if it could be removed as a good will gesture. An exec contacted me a few days later saying it would be taken care of (in other words)

A letter was also mailed to me.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone

I have been reading a lot of the posts and I must say they are very helpful.  I have been on the side line for a while and have been a member 

for a month now, but this is my first post.

I had an auto loan with BofA which  was also reported as 30days late. I emailed the CEO and explained what happened. I took responsibility for the late

payment but asked if it could be removed as a good will gesture. An exec contacted me a few days later saying it would be taken care of (in other words)

A letter was also mailed to me.

WTG, grats on the successful goodwill and welcome to my fico Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.