Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days late...determined from which point

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 30 days late...determined from which point

I would suggest the use of a GW letter to the creditor, we do not advocate the disputing of valid credit information on My Fico. Good luck OP Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Paul, I hope you don't the wrong impression of this place.  Everyone's comments are intended to help and support the person asking the question.  I'm sure any comments regarding your past financial situation were meant as tough love.  Think about it, we're all here because we've screwed up our finances at some point and have decided to make a change.  No one is judging anyone.  We're all just a bunch of fat kids at financial fat camp

Good thing I wasn't taking a drink when I read that! I would have sprayed it all over my monitor.

Message 12 of 14
Paul2125
Established Member

Rising, thank you for that laugh.  I appreciate your opinion.

And to the other poster:  I, again, wasn't trying to find fraudelnt ways to beat the bureaus.  I was in fact asking if it was valid.  Paid on the 30th day, is it really 30 days late?  What determines that.  That's the question I was asking.  Not how to be dishonest.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paul2125 wrote:

Rising, thank you for that laugh.  I appreciate your opinion.

And to the other poster:  I, again, wasn't trying to find fraudelnt ways to beat the bureaus.  I was in fact asking if it was valid.  Paid on the 30th day, is it really 30 days late?  What determines that.  That's the question I was asking.  Not how to be dishonest.

If it's 30 days late, it's 30 days late. Many places consider paid after 12PM/3PM/5PM on the due date as "1 day late". So at some point on the 30th day following the due date, you're 30 days late.

Sounds like a firm case for a GW letter, though.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.