Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days late on zero balance card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 days late on zero balance card

Hi,

I paid off my Capital One Card months ago and forgot about it. It still has a $6 monthly fee that I also forgot about a few times since paying it off. I haven’t closed the account because it is probably by oldest card and I’ve had it for close to 20 years. They reported me 30 days late twice. What are my chances of having the late reports removed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 30 days late on zero balance card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I paid off my Capital One Card months ago and forgot about it. It still has a $6 monthly fee that I also forgot about a few times since paying it off. I haven’t closed the account because it is probably by oldest card and I’ve had it for close to 20 years. They reported me 30 days late twice. What are my chances of having the late reports removed?

50-50 all you can do is be honest as to why they were not made and point to your good record over the years and ask for a goodwill adjustment on it. Set up auto pay for the minimum would be my suggestion moving forward so it doesnt happen again. Good luck Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.