Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days late

tag
latonya03
New Visitor

30 days late

How can I remove the 30 day delinquency from my credit? I had the statement sent to my email and at the time I was not checking my email. So the acct was 30 days late and I have never been late before. I found out about it when I pull my credit report and paid it off in full but it is affecting  my score. What step should I take to remove this from my credit report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: 30 days late

send a GW to the OC and see if they will remove the late

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@latonya03 wrote:

How can I remove the 30 day delinquency from my credit? I had the statement sent to my email and at the time I was not checking my email. So the acct was 30 days late and I have never been late before. I found out about it when I pull my credit report and paid it off in full but it is affecting  my score. What step should I take to remove this from my credit report?

Welcome to the forums.

GW= Good Will

OC = Original Creditor

Here is a link to abbreviations used around here. Abbreviations

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, do NOT give up on the GW's.  I've had a lot of success with these and not one of those successes deleted upon receipt of my first GW letter.  Keep sending them, emailing them.  Find other addresses, email addresses if you can, too!  One day you'll reach a sympathetic person with the power to help.  Good luck!  It's only a stamp and the worst that can happen is that they say no or ignore you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.