Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days past, ca hasn't deleted yet...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 days past, ca hasn't deleted yet...

i received a letter dated 9/20/2010 from arrow stating that they were no longer collecting for my account so they would delete the tradeline from all 3 cb.  but as of today it is still there.  should i send them a letter or something reminding them to do it?  if i should is there a sample letter to use?  they were supposed to have taken it off by now but i guess they're just somewhat slow.

what can i do to speed things up?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 30 days past, ca hasn't deleted yet...

It depends on what type of written agreement you had with the CA that compels deletion.

The mere fact that a debt collector tells you that they are no longer collecting on the account does not compel them to delete any prior, accurate reporting.

Cessation of collection activities is not grounds for compelling CA deeltion from your CR.

If you dont have a deletion agreement with them, such as a PFD acceptance, which is apparently no your situatin, and  they nonetheles choose to delete, it is only through their good-graces.  No time-period.  I would hesitate to push them until a few months have passed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

they said that they would delete from all 3 cba's because they are no longer collecting on my account.  it has been almost 45 days, shouldn't i send them a letter or something to remind them of what they said in their letter that they were going to do? if you are no longer collecting for the company then you can not report it on the cr, right?

but why is it taking them so long to do it?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What they must delete is reporting of their authority to collect any debt balance.  And, yes, they can no longer report future collection activities..

But that is not the same as requring deletion of prior reporting while they were an authorizxed debt collector.  You are fortunate if they choose to do this, but they are not requried to delete prior, accurate reporting.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.