Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 late payment!!!

tag
taj_laneal
New Contributor

30 late payment!!!

I had an automatic payment scheduled for Capital One Auto in January. I called to see if they could put that payment at the end of the loan, and they said no. However, sent me a message canceling the payment, which I did not ask for.. Now they are reporting the TL as 30 late. Has anyone had any experience obtaining the call recording or a transcript from Capital One? I want to dispute the canceling of the payment and the 30 day. I have since paid off the loan. I'm trying to purchase a home in August, and I lost 50 points because of the late.

Starting Score: 09/14 EQ 596 TU 587 EX 588
Current Score: 11/14 EQ 670
TU 602 (CK VantageScore 688)
EX 656

Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: 30 late payment!!!

I would call them - maybe the backdoor number we have listed here and note to them that you called, and noticed that they canceled the payment which i did not authorize.... and ask them to remove the 30 day late (and pay it if you have not) 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@taj_laneal wrote:
I had an automatic payment scheduled for Capital One Auto in January. I called to see if they could put that payment at the end of the loan, and they said no. However, sent me a message canceling the payment, which I did not ask for.. Now they are reporting the TL as 30 late. Has anyone had any experience obtaining the call recording or a transcript from Capital One? I want to dispute the canceling of the payment and the 30 day. I have since paid off the loan. I'm trying to purchase a home in August, and I lost 50 points because of the late.

Did you actually make a payment to them in January and was it on~time or was it late ? 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 9
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Where can I find the backdoor number? I just made the final payment but it hasn't posted to my account yet. Should I wait until it posts so they can see a zero balance?

EX 656

Message 4 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066 is the link for the backdoor numbers. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 5 of 9
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Update: 30 late payment!!!

So exited! I emailed some folks at Capital One, and everything was taken care of. I got some fees waived and they said they would take off the 30 day late. I just got a score watch alert and my EQ score went up 56 points!

EX 656

Message 6 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Update: 30 late payment!!!

SWEET!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Do you have the email address?  I need one?  Thanks

Message 8 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Great to hear results like this.  Happy Dance!!!Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.