Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30day late from 8/2013 question

tag
nate79416
Regular Contributor

30day late from 8/2013 question

I have ONE late pay on my one and only credit card, from 8/2013 should I try and get this deleted? Is this still hurting my score? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30day late from 8/2013 question

30's lose pretty much all of their sting at 24 months. I would just let it go. You should see a score bump in September.

You should consider establishing two more credit cards for better score growth.

Message 2 of 4
nate79416
Regular Contributor

yes, since I'm pretty sure we need to hold off on a home loan for now, if I establish 2 more now, then apply at the first of the yr, will that hurt me, I always hear about no new credit before applyng for a home loan

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nate79416 wrote:

yes, since I'm pretty sure we need to hold off on a home loan for now, if I establish 2 more now, then apply at the first of the yr, will that hurt me, I always hear about no new credit before applyng for a home loan

Thats a general rule, not an absolute. The reason is that new accounts may drop your scores initially, but if you already have a thin file with only one revolving account, the second and third account will push your scores up faster, negating the initial dip for new credit. 6 months out is plenty of time to let those new accounts age a bit and push your scores.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.