Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

33-point bump!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

33-point bump!

I am so excited! My TU score went from a 668 in August to 702 as of Oct. 28!

I have done the following in that time period:

I got three lates GW'd away, which were all more than 3 years old (to be more specific, the respective CCCs deleted three separate and now closed accounts from their records)

I applied for and got a new credit card with an $8600 CL (Citi Dividend. I applied for that card because by all accounts, they generally pull EQ, which does not include a  collection I have. My FICO was around 750 at the time of the request)

Got my CC util under 10%

Continued to pay my bills on time, including my student loans.

I still have a collection from 2010 on my TU report, but I figure if I'm over 700 with that bad mark on there, then I must be doing everything else right.

I am going to continue to write the collection agency for a GW. The collection was for $75. If anyone is reading this, if you have a collection, don't pay it before first asking for a "pay-for-deletion." I wish I had known that before I just sent them my 75 bucks for nothing in exchange. That was a mistake. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: 33-point bump!

not trying to be a troll, but that is 34 point bump hehehehehe 

Also, if you wouldnt mind, i wouild like a little personal guidance, could i ask of your help?

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 5
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Congrats... I agree about the PFD's, I wish I would've done them before paying things off blindly. 

Message 3 of 5
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Amen to the last part, I learned that the hard way after paying a utility collection account for $102.00 and congrats on your accomplishments.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right, that is 34 points. But my original score was 669, not 668. I mistyped. But good eye!

I can certainly tell you what I've done--I don't think I'm qualified to give advice, but feel free to message me with any questions you have.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.