cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35pt difference from Lender pull vs. myFICO pull?

tag
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

35pt difference from Lender pull vs. myFICO pull?

Just curious if anyone else has had a 35pt difference on their TU score?  My TU score from lender was 35ps lower than what it is here on myFICO is this typical?  My Equifax was exactly the same!  thanks

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: 35pt difference from Lender pull vs. myFICO pull?

I'm guessing you are referring to a Mortgage Lender.

Since the TU FICO here is TU98, it is most likely they used TU04. There were a number of improvements and it seems to be more common than TU98 at this point. I don't think the next version has been reported yet, or at least is not common.

Message 2 of 13
Andrew22
Regular Contributor

My lender pull was actually higher for TU, by 15 points

Message 3 of 13
kenworthguy
Regular Contributor

Hi, yes, unfortunately there can be a fairly large difference between a lender pull and MyFico on TU. I went to the local CU for a small personal loan and when they pulled it, it was 38 points lower. MyFico said i was 620, lender pull was 582.

Message 4 of 13
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

My mortgage lender pulled a vantage score and it was different for TU by 15+ points. They are the lender, so you have to go with their score.

2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Message 5 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@AtmyOffice wrote:

My mortgage lender pulled a vantage score and it was different for TU by 15+ points. They are the lender, so you have to go with their score.

And you are certain it was a VantageScore? It's not that I don't believe you it's just that you are the first poster (that I can recall) that has said a lender pulled a VS. I'll need to remember that. Would you mind saying who the lender is? If you don't want to say I fully understand.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received notice of  a HELOC freeze and it provided the standard language regarding FACTA.   I pulled all 3 annual credit reports, not just TU.  Initially, I did not pull my FICO score.   When I asked the bank representative about the internal score they used, she said she could not provide that.   ???   She indicated that I needed to contact the CRA listed in the letter. (TU)   I have since pulled myFICO score.  You've given me reason to believe  the lender's score may be lower.   Isn't the lender obligated to provide the  they're using to make decisions?

Message 7 of 13
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

I used a local mortgage company in CO. Don't worry, I was surprised too.

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@AtmyOffice wrote:

And you are certain it was a VantageScore? It's not that I don't believe you it's just that you are the first poster (that I can recall) that has said a lender pulled a VS. I'll need to remember that. Would you mind saying who the lender is? If you don't want to say I fully understand.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Message 8 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@AtmyOffice wrote:

I used a local mortgage company in CO. Don't worry, I was surprised too.

Thanks. I was wondering if it might be one of the national lenders doing this.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 9 of 13
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I noticed this as well.  When I received my TU score from Discover after being denied for a private SL it was 30 point lower than what had been reporting on myfico.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.