Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

38 Point increase on Experian!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

38 Point increase on Experian!!

Did see a 38 point increase on Experian.  It was due to my credit utilization decreasing on one card.  Currently Equifax 590, Transunion 519, Experian 627 (FICO Scores).  

I have had SO much more luck getting charge-offs/Collection accounts (Midland, Portfolio, First Premier, Stellar, ICSystems, and others) deleted but can't for the life of me get some late pays deleted!!!!!

Capital One and Sallie Mae are stubborn and hard to deal with.

Question regarding Sallie Mae - most of my DH's student loans were under the grace period after he graduated in Dec 11 but four of them had already used the grace period 20 years before.  So we did not know that and due to lack of communication or what we didn't find out until May12 when we called in to set up the accounts coming out of the grace period.  An Administrative Forbearance was placed on the account to bring the loans current from December 17, 2011 until April 30,2012 but they did not remove the late pays (4 accounts with 90 day late).  I've tried various ways with Sallie Mae and they are not even interested in helping.  What else can I do?  BBB?  Other routes?  CRA?

Capital One - I have one account with one 30 day late pay and my husband has one account with 2 30 day late and 1 60 day late (2 years ago for both of those).  Fight to remove - ignore or what?  how much are they affecting our credit now?

I only have two more charge-offs to get off the credit reports - First Premier and Synchb/Walmart.  I've harrassed them qiute a bit so I'm going to wait a few weeks and try again.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

Re: 38 Point increase on Experian!!

Congrats on your score improvement!  SM is the devil, LOL!  I have an ongoing dispute with them that I filed with the CFPB for lates that are TOTALLY false.  Even with that, they are still reluctant fo fix their errors.  Good luck!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did see a 38 point increase on Experian.  It was due to my credit utilization decreasing on one card.  Currently Equifax 590, Transunion 519, Experian 627 (FICO Scores).  

I have had SO much more luck getting charge-offs/Collection accounts (Midland, Portfolio, First Premier, Stellar, ICSystems, and others) deleted but can't for the life of me get some late pays deleted!!!!!

Question regarding Sallie Mae - most of my DH's student loans were under the grace period after he graduated in Dec 11 but four of them had already used the grace period 20 years before.  So we did not know that and due to lack of communication or what we didn't find out until May12 when we called in to set up the accounts coming out of the grace period.  An Administrative Forbearance was placed on the account to bring the loans current from December 17, 2011 until April 30,2012 but they did not remove the late pays (4 accounts with 90 day late).  I've tried various ways with Sallie Mae and they are not even interested in helping.  What else can I do?  BBB?  Other routes?  CRA?

Capital One - I have one account with one 30 day late pay and my husband has one account with 2 30 day late and 1 60 day late (2 years ago for both of those).  Fight to remove - ignore or what?  how much are they affecting our credit now?

I only have two more charge-offs to get off the credit reports - First Premier and Synchb/Walmart.  I've harrassed them qiute a bit so I'm going to wait a few weeks and try again.

Regarding your ONE 30 day late on Cap 1...I have a closed account with them that shows ONE late and I contacted them with a Goodwill letter very recently to have it removed.  That was a mistake.  They posted remarks on all three CRA that I was DISPUTING.  I was not and so I contacted the CEO of Cap 1, got a call two days ago and they say that they sent in to have the remarks removed.  (I don't have an upated CR from the three yet, so I hope they are definitely off.)  Forget it, I'll deal with the one late payment showing.  I've heard they're difficult to deal with and they are.

Message 3 of 6
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Any time you send something in regarding an account and the creditor investigates to see whether they will remove it from your file or not it is considered disputing the account in question. I sent in GW letters to have multiple accounts removed from my file and all of them were put in dispute status on all three bureaus before being deleted completely.

OP congrats on your 38 points increase!

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  And yes I went the GW route with Capital One and got disputes on my accounts from them that have taken forever to get off.  I am going to fight the Sallie Mae accounts a little bit more.  I'm going to let the Capital One's lie except for maybe the one that is closed.  Still trying to get them to remove it completely.

With First Premier and Syncbank/Walmart - they are so old I know they are not affecting much.  Just waiting on paying off the First Premier as any type of leverage to clear up with them.  I know my chances are slim but here's hoping.  :-)  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.