Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

38 points drop in 7 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

38 points drop in 7 days

So i disputed a Hsbc charged off from bk from 2008 and now my score went 38 points down because of it.. Is that possible for one account? and i was suppose to apply for a mortgage loan..so  im freaking upset.. i don't know what to do. It was included in my bk and i called them to clarify this and now it show a red flag and cause of it  my credit went down .I'm so upset because i been working on it for 2 years ...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 38 points drop in 7 days

When you dispute an item as a derog,.the CRA enters a code showing it is under dispute.

FICO has said that it temporarily excludes items under active ditpute for that accunt from cranking through their scoring algorithmsuntil the dstpute is revovled.

But I dont see that the temp deletion of derogs along with the temp deletion of other factors on the account could have produced a temp decrease to your score anywhere  near 38pts.

I am as puzzled as you, but dont have accrss to your full CR.  Maybe temp deletion placed you into a thin, or dirty credit based on what remains?

I dunno.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.