Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Credit HP

tag
smsoller22
Established Member

3rd Party Credit HP

I was reviewing my husbands credit report and a company that we had never heard of did a HP through Experian only.. We contacted the company (Praxis Financial Solutions) and were told that they had been hired as a 3rd party company to collect on an account we have with another company. When asked if they owned the account referenced, we were told no.

My question is - As just a 3rd party are they able to do a hard pull of our credit? Again, they do NOT own the debt/account they are just contracted to collect the funds for the original creditor.

If they are not, how should I go about getting the inquiry removed?

Starting Score: Her - 558 Him - 621
Current Score: Her - 647 Him - 627
Goal Score: Her - 675 Him - 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

J Crew Store CC $350 / Capital One Platinum MC $300
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: 3rd Party Credit HP

@smsoller22 wrote:

I was reviewing my husbands credit report and a company that we had never heard of did a HP through Experian only.. We contacted the company (Praxis Financial Solutions) and were told that they had been hired as a 3rd party company to collect on an account we have with another company. When asked if they owned the account referenced, we were told no.

My question is - As just a 3rd party are they able to do a hard pull of our credit? Again, they do NOT own the debt/account they are just contracted to collect the funds for the original creditor.

If they are not, how should I go about getting the inquiry removed?

Hi smsoller, If they stated they do not own the debt they can not hp your husbands credit report. FDCPA violation. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.