cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party who can help me with the last steps?

tag
badmice1

3rd party who can help me with the last steps?

I am very close of wiping debts off my credit report (some fall offs, some paid off). I am $2k short of finishing up. I would like to seek some 3rd party vendor to help me finish off the last bit of the debt. Does anyone recommend this? If yes, any recommended vendor I can speak to? Thx!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3rd party who can help me with the last steps?

I personally wouldn't get in more debt to try to get out of debt. $2k isn't that much money and I'd rebudget and knock it out this winter.

Generally speaking, paying a debt won't improve your FICO score if that debt was reporting as bad. You may have to take other action to help your credit.

Message 2 of 4
badmice1

Thanks. My primary interest is getting PFD arrangements, expedite it to wrap up by end of yr, so I can start the year clean and try to get some credit. Is this timeline reasonable?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

YMMV based on the OC/CA. Some leap at the chance to accept your PFD offer. Others won't accept it unless hell freezes over. It's safe to say that most won't accept the PFD on the first try. What I would do is search to see others success in here. I would target those first because they are the easiest and work your way back. From personal experience, some take months and even years before they accept a PFD, even when offering 100%.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.