Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd revolving trade line?

tag
crazycatlady1975
Established Member

3rd revolving trade line?

I know I need one to maximize my scores. Currently have cap 1 platinum ($1750) and quick silver one ($1000). Suggestions on the next card for a rebuilder?

Current scores are 624/570/630. Biggest baddies are student loans currently on 5th month of rehab. Have one small collection that should be removed soon (paid the OC) and a variety of lates here and there - none more recent than 8 months ago.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3rd revolving trade line?

@crazycatlady1975 wrote:
I know I need one to maximize my scores. Currently have cap 1 platinum ($1750) and quick silver one ($1000). Suggestions on the next card for a rebuilder?

Current scores are 624/570/630. Biggest baddies are student loans currently on 5th month of rehab. Have one small collection that should be removed soon (paid the OC) and a variety of lates here and there - none more recent than 8 months ago.

Secured from SDFCU.

Message 2 of 10
crazycatlady1975
Established Member

I was hoping to avoid a secured card. Didn't want it to appear as such when we apply for a new mortgage in about a year.
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Then you might try Barclays Rewards card.
Message 4 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Yes, Barclay's Rewards MasterCard would be my recommendation as well.  However, if your in the 5th month of student loan rehab, I suggest waiting for your rehab to be completed, and for your credit report to update. If your rehab is anything like my rehab, you may benefit from a nice credit score bump. At which time, you should be a good candidate for Barclay's. After that, garden, garden, and garden some more, and you should be primed for that mortgage.

Have a great credit future!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 10
crazycatlady1975
Established Member

I'm hoping it is a good bump! With they way they report those things, the smallish amount reports in like 5 different trade lines. I can't wait to get them fully back on track!

I will probably look at that card once I get to August/September. In the meantime, would a retail card help or hurt? Or would I be better off getting the Barclay for my husband and having him add me as an authorized user? His scores are upper 600s. Trying to get both of our mid mortgage scores up as much as possible.
Message 6 of 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Do we know what report they pull and what kind of score is needed?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

General wisdom is one retail card isn't a bad idea, if you'd rather go that route (plus you already have two "bank" revolvers). 

If you wanted to go down that path I'd suggest Overstock. 

Go to the site, find something you need, put it in your cart, start the check out process and you'll likely get a pop up offer for the Overstock store card. It worked for me and I ended up with a $500 line right off the bat. 

Oh ... and if you get the pop up, it'll ask for your full SSN but most have reported it's a soft pull. I'm almost a week since doing this and I've not seen a hard pull show up on any of my reports

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

TU is what they pull. You need to have good recent history on a couple, no lates for at least 18 months and no more than one or two new accounts in the last 6-12 months. I apped with TU score in the 620's.

Message 9 of 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

TU is what they pull. You need to have good recent history on a couple, no lates for at least 18 months and no more than one or two new accounts in the last 6-12 months. I apped with TU score in the 620's.

It looks like I am waiting on that then. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.