Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Collections deleted in 1 week!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 Collections deleted in 1 week!!

@Jaydawg220 wrote:
Oh ok got it thanks. I have 5 collection accts. Darn, I played 2 of them in full a few days ago and am waiting for them to be removed. I thought I won because I asked if they'd remove it if in return i pay the amounts off in full. I didnt know I could bargain and have them settle for less.
Anyways, iv got 3 more:
Tmobile-$325
Time warner cable-$210
Rental/leasing agency-$3,400.

Do you think I can call the collection agency for each and pay less than the balance for a PFD?

Yea and most is willing to settle... Newer ones u will probably end up paying more older one u pay less.. They know ppl do it cuz they want credit back and typically it rolls off ur credit in 7 years

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did someone mention that u need to get the agreement to delete in writing?
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get deletions in writing. These CA's can get nasty and not hold up their end of the bargain.

Message 13 of 20
Jaydawg220
Contributor

Too late for the first 2 iv settled with. Hopefully they get deleted even know I didnt get it in writing. But ill be sure to get the last 3 in writing. Thanks for the tip.
Starting Fico 8s- TU 485 EX 470 EQ 470 [1/1/2015]
Current Fico 8s- TU 638 EX 626 EQ 615 [5/1/2017]
Merrick Bank $1100, Wells Fargo Secured $300, NFCU Secured $800, First Premier $300, CareCredit $3000, Fingerhut $800
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they don't come off within the next 30-45 days you can dispute with the credit bureaus and let them know they are paid in full. 

*edited for spelling typo

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an app on my phone that automatically records every phone call i make or take. I figure it's a good backup to have when dealing with these collectors 

Message 16 of 20
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Shamrockblack, whats the name of that app? I need that!

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's called "automatic call recorder" the icon is a red circle with a green phone in it.... it holds onto your last 100 calls (i think) and when there's one you want to save you just click it and hit save and it goes into a seperate folder.... like i said, you don't have to activate it each time as long as the app is active it will record anything and everything, it'll even record you listening to your voicemail lol

Message 18 of 20
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's called "automatic call recorder" the icon is a red circle with a green phone in it.... it holds onto your last 100 calls (i think) and when there's one you want to save you just click it and hit save and it goes into a seperate folder.... like i said, you don't have to activate it each time as long as the app is active it will record anything and everything, it'll even record you listening to your voicemail lol

I have this app also. I have it set to auto then delete as needed. I like it. 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.