Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Collections deleted!!!!

tag
Yoshi2015
Contributor

4 Collections deleted!!!!

I have been working on my credit for almost a year now. I started out with a 547 fico and my last update was 627. I woke up this morning to an email from equifax that stated 4 Collections were deleted! Yaaaay! Now I only have 1 collection left! I am going to work on a pfd for that one. I can't wait to see the lift in my scores!!!!! Happy new year to me!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 Collections deleted!!!!

Awesome, I have been working for about 6 months. Started at 495TU and am at 578TU now. Although I have many many more debts at 17 Smiley Tongue I had two accounts removed today causing my EX to jump to 569. 

Does a PFD cause them to restart the time limit for collection for debts if they deny the request? I am considering trying for the same but not if it will restart the clock as I owe $12k that is falling off in a year and a half and would rather wait it out then pay after it is removed.

Message 2 of 5
Yoshi2015
Contributor

To my knowledge no. In my experience, the pfd just is an agreement between both parties that if you make a payment, the creditor will agree to delete the item from the credit report. Congrats on youcredit success as well!!!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I was told that if you aknowledge the debt then it starts it over and figured that by stating I'll pay this if you delete it was admitting that you owe. I'm going to do a bit of research before I go sending letters and will probably try it on the debts that fall off in 2018 through 2021 since they are only $230 and aren't accruing interest. 

Let us know how the PFD goes. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, thry may update the account causing fico to see it as a new account causing a score drop but it won't change how old the collection is. I thought that for a while too.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.