Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Secured Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 Secured Cards?

Hi, I have 3 secured cards which I got 3 months ago.  Capital One, US Bank & Opensky.

My scores were in the 400's now they are around 540-575.

I want cashback cards like the Discover IT & Bank of America Secured.

Is it worth applying for them now? Will it Hurt or Help my score?

Would apreciate some insight! Thanks Guys!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 Secured Cards?

I wouldn't apply for them right now. Don't take the hit on the hard pulls. Just wisely use the ones you have for now and PIF when the bill comes and let them grow. Rebuilding is your focus for now, don't be concerned about cash back rewards at this time. That will come.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 Secured Cards?

+1
Joesef

No offense OP but don't get lost chasing 'cute' perks meant for a different audience.

Like it or not it is what it is we are all at different stages of life...some ppl live in modest middle class neighborhoods others worse, some in huge castles

Folks using security deposits to get TLs that haven't even been bill 4 times yet should NOT be concerned about 'cash-back' nonsense...

Your focus has to be on building a beautiful profile NOT chasing $1.50 per $100 spent 90 days into this thing

Points and Cash-back are for Advanced players with time on their hands.... Marketing wants to draw you in but if you're playing high school ball don't let these ppl screw you up with graduate level 'cute' ploys that definitely can be more TROUBLE than it's worth

Play your position, learn as you age your profile and build history IGNORE the bright lights that ain't for you right now

The conversation might be appropriate in as little as 15-20 months but right now
Age your accounts
Water what's in your garden and
Allow the aging to happen, you rush time

No matter what you do 1 year is still ONLY 12 billing cycles = 'nice' but you're still just a Sophomore, the diplomas go to Seniors AFTER 4 years

Point being do the best you can for where you are and eventually you'll be a senior before you know, take your time
Best of luck
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.