cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 hours of reading posts - so much info!

tag
Hefinator
New Visitor

4 hours of reading posts - so much info!

Hi All!

I've just spent the last 4 hours scouring posts, reading insightful info, reading threads that really hit home, and learning more about options available to me than I ever knew exisisted!

I am 1 year past Bankruptcy Discharge and currently working on cleaning up some old account info and trying to get my score up so my husband and I can look to buying a home in a couple years. I currently have 2 student loans in deferment, 1 that was charged off that I recently started paying on, 1 store card and 1 major credit card with minimal balances. I'm not too worried about my open accounts, more about my closed account.

I have been reading a lot of threads about the Goodwill letters and intend to send 3 of them out this week: 1 to HSBC, 1 to Best Buy, and 1 to Chase bank. there are all accounts that were paid and closed, but have a couple lingering late payments showing on them. My main question for these is: Is it easier to hard mail the letters, or can I email them? And which addresses should I use when sending? I've seen a lot of people post that they've used the addresses on their Credit Report to send the mailing to. What if I wanted to email them? 

The only other account that I'm worried about is a really old BoA account. I had the account current for a few years, before I encountered some financial struggles and got late. At that same time, the account was sold to Barclay Bank. It was an airmiles card I had and Barclays was taking over all accounts for that airline. The Barclay account was later discharged in my Bankruptcy, however the BoA account still says that its 30 days past due. Can I send a goodwill letter on that account? If so, do I ask them to show it as discharged? Or just ask that the Late Payment be removed as the account was handled with the new owner of the account?

These forums are great and the real life experiences of everyone here have provided me so much hope that I can do this on my own and resolve my lingering credit issues! Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Hefinator

BK filed 1/31/12 - discharged 5/6/12
CS Pre-BK: 505 - CS Post-BK: 621
CS Current: 610 - CS Goal: 650
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: 4 hours of reading posts - so much info!

@Hefinator wrote:

Hi All!

I've just spent the last 4 hours scouring posts, reading insightful info, reading threads that really hit home, and learning more about options available to me than I ever knew exisisted!

I am 1 year past Bankruptcy Discharge and currently working on cleaning up some old account info and trying to get my score up so my husband and I can look to buying a home in a couple years. I currently have 2 student loans in deferment, 1 that was charged off that I recently started paying on, 1 store card and 1 major credit card with minimal balances. I'm not too worried about my open accounts, more about my closed account.

I have been reading a lot of threads about the Goodwill letters and intend to send 3 of them out this week: 1 to HSBC, 1 to Best Buy, and 1 to Chase bank. there are all accounts that were paid and closed, but have a couple lingering late payments showing on them. My main question for these is: Is it easier to hard mail the letters, or can I email them? And which addresses should I use when sending? I've seen a lot of people post that they've used the addresses on their Credit Report to send the mailing to. What if I wanted to email them? I have seen people using handwritting to make it more personal. I seen GW's come back from e-mails, phone calls. It's how you desire how to send it. Me personally I would use Handwritting. 

The only other account that I'm worried about is a really old BoA account. I had the account current for a few years, before I encountered some financial struggles and got late. At that same time, the account was sold to Barclay Bank. It was an airmiles card I had and Barclays was taking over all accounts for that airline. The Barclay account was later discharged in my Bankruptcy, however the BoA account still says that its 30 days past due. Can I send a goodwill letter on that account? If so, do I ask them to show it as discharged? Or just ask that the Late Payment be removed as the account was handled with the new owner of the account? If the account was included in your BK it should be listed as IIB. 

These forums are great and the real life experiences of everyone here have provided me so much hope that I can do this on my own and resolve my lingering credit issues! Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Hefinator

Welcome to the Forums!!!!! Lots of great people here and infomation. If you want to read more, click on the blue sticky threads under my post. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.