Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 Point Score Drop...Help Please!!!

tag
Erin28
New Contributor

40 Point Score Drop...Help Please!!!

I checked my score this morning on CCT and had a 40 point score drop on TU....It's showing than a paid and closed account has changed some of my payments...Payments that were Current, changed to 30 days late, payments that were 30 days late changed to 60 days late...Sounds really fishy to me!!!!!  The payments were from 2012/2013...Not sure what to do here. Thanks for any help! 

Slowly, But Surely
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: 40 Point Score Drop...Help Please!!!

So payment made in 2013 just changed status? Is this from an OC or CA? That does smell fishy.

Message 2 of 7
Erin28
New Contributor

@AutoBot wrote:

So payment made in 2013 just changed status? Is this from an OC or CA? That does smell fishy.

OC, A local bank.

Slowly, But Surely
Message 3 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That doesn't sound right at all. I know TU has had issues recently, but I don't know if it would account for this happening.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have late payments during that time and did you file any disputes on that account?
Message 5 of 7
Erin28
New Contributor

Yes I had late payments... I did dispute a judgement a few days ago, pretty sure I didn't dispute anything on this account. Not sure why I would. EQ is still showing the old reporting... Only TU updated this way.
Slowly, But Surely
Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While a creditor rarely will conduct a review and update a closed, paid account by addition of derogs, it is not per se improper.

The issue is whether the account was in fact delinquent at the stated level in the stated month.

Prior reporting can be updated if it is found to be inaccurate or incomplete.

If you have records showing that the account was not delinquent, or was not delinquent at the higher level, that is disputable.

I would call the creditor and ask whether they actually made an update to reporting that added the derogs.

If they did not make the change, then it could possibly be a snafu at the CRA........

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.