Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 point jump!

tag
patternofstars7
Contributor

40 point jump!

Thanks to everyone on this forum you guys have saved me from my irresponsible ways with credit and helped me jump 40 points today! Two collections just fell off this month and I've seen major jumps from EQ and TU. In another month my last collection should fall off and the only negative item on my report will be a few lates on my car note but have been on time with that for the past 3 years. Now I have some Prime cards in my wallet and in good shape to buy my first house in a couple of years. Just wanted to say this place rocks and could never have done it without your help!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 40 point jump!

Congrats.  Love hearing success stories!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 12
K_J
Regular Contributor

Way to go, congrats

Starting Score: EQ: 532, EX: 569, TU: 621 (All lender pull 10/15/11)
Score: EQ: 660,lender pull 4/13, EX: 671 lender pull 4/13, TU: 691 lender pull (4/13)
, current Score (3/16/17) EQ: 724. Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
S7
Established Contributor

Awesome!!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 4 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 12
patternofstars7
Contributor

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Good job

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 12
madcitymomm

I love hearing it. 

I checked mine today and it jumped 21 points so I'm doing a happy dance too. I'm new to this, I have a chapter 13 bankruptcy (in my 9th month of the 60 month plan). I'm hoping to start writing some goodwill letters to see if I can repair the damage (I have a huge student loan balance that had defaulted and was in garnishment along with 2 other judgements, multiple other things, my credit report is scary and I avoided it too long).  I'm hoping time will begin to heal.  I was planning to get a secured credit card through my credit union this fall to have an open line of credit (I have none). 

I'm thrilled that I have been sticking to a budget, paying everything on time and now have a small rainy day savings.  I'm plugging money away for a downpayment on a house at some point.  I spent way to long swirling around in a world of "unawareness"-not opening mail, leaving everything go, not balancing my checking account to the point of losing it and going bankless for about a year (living on check cashing places and money orders was not fun).

Starting Score: 541
Current Score: 599
Goal Score: 640

Message 8 of 12
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Message 9 of 12
patternofstars7
Contributor

@madcitymomm wrote:

I love hearing it. 

I checked mine today and it jumped 21 points so I'm doing a happy dance too. I'm new to this, I have a chapter 13 bankruptcy (in my 9th month of the 60 month plan). I'm hoping to start writing some goodwill letters to see if I can repair the damage (I have a huge student loan balance that had defaulted and was in garnishment along with 2 other judgements, multiple other things, my credit report is scary and I avoided it too long).  I'm hoping time will begin to heal.  I was planning to get a secured credit card through my credit union this fall to have an open line of credit (I have none). 

I'm thrilled that I have been sticking to a budget, paying everything on time and now have a small rainy day savings.  I'm plugging money away for a downpayment on a house at some point.  I spent way to long swirling around in a world of "unawareness"-not opening mail, leaving everything go, not balancing my checking account to the point of losing it and going bankless for about a year (living on check cashing places and money orders was not fun).

Thanks! I was totally in the same spot you were about a year ago with scores in the 500's and now I'm hitting scores around 700. Biggest thing is time heals all wounds and best way to tackle the issues head on and I'm sure you'll be where I'm At in no time. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.