Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40pt equifax drop !

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

40pt equifax drop !

Dont get it, really dont. But I think I maybe found the culprit. My Only CC now has  no history. If I am correct to get the maxuim amount of points out of you CC is to have a history of use on it correct?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: 40pt equifax drop !

Yes your CC needs to have some type of history.  What do you mean no history? Is it showing as a new account or no data for the time you have had it?  How long have you had it?

Message 2 of 7
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Had it for 6 months now. It now shows no history on the account like nothing was reported. Bummer I hate you Equifax, couldnt happen at the worse time. Re-applied for a car loan with a 627 score now. Im pretty confident Ill get the loan but at a horrible rate now.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 7
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Have you used it in the past 6 months?

Message 4 of 7
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Yes I have used it every month and than paid it in full before the statement cuts.

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 5 of 7
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

That may be the problem.  Some credit cards dont update real quick with the CRA's, if you pay before the statement there can be nothing to report to the CRA's.  I wait until the statement runs and a few days before the due date I PIF and have always had my cards show a history on my report doing it that way.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgeball wrote:

Dont get it, really dont. But I think I maybe found the culprit. My Only CC now has  no history. If I am correct to get the maxuim amount of points out of you CC is to have a history of use on it correct?

OP, was this the CC?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Uggghhhh-Exuifax/m-p/1362515

If so, is the [dispute] comment still showing?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.