Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

417 ------------------> 672 so far my journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 417 ------------------> 672 so far my journey

Hi drBoxing, the process of disputing your negs is fairly straightforward.  You can go to any of the credit bureaus websites and they will give instructions on how to dispute something on your credit report.  Just follow the instructions.  The CB will then contact your creditor.  If the CB doesn't hear back from the creditor within a set period of time the CB will remove it from your credit report.  If you subscribe to a credit monitoring service you may be able to dispute it that way as well. 

After this just wait until you get a response.  When you find out whatever stayed on your credit report after your dispute you can always contact those creditors directly and ask them to remove the derogatory if you're willing to pay them.  Make sure you get everything in writing.  Just think of it as a business negotiation.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as getting the negatives removed I was just trying to speak from my own experience. When I went from ten charge offs to five charge offs in one day my credit score only went up three points. When I went from two charge offs to one I had a big jump in my credit score. So I think getting the charge offs mostly helps when you’re removing the last couple of them. This may not be true for everyone, but I don’t think going from ten charges offs to nine makes their credit profile look all that much better.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity, how are you going after Midland??? i need any input you have!  I have a bill $411 from 2007 and trying to accept their once settlement offer of $203.52 they offered me in 2010 that I just blew off.  Any suggestions??   They said that they now will not go lower than 265.00.  This bill is 7 years old and set to roll off but yet it cont to get reported monthly.  So how does it roll off in November??

Also, my credit score is at 570.  I'm at 55% utilization on my one and only CC (Capital One)  $200 limit on a secured card.  I have a $100 balance that is getting paid in full on the 25th.  Best suggestions for help with getting my score to 630 by March?? Change uilization at only 10%??

Message 13 of 16
eric19k
Established Contributor

to Momentum:
Lower you Uti. You need 2 cards to report. Leave first with $0 and second one let report 1-9%.
Try getting some credit mix. Maybe Fingerhut Freshstart. It reports as installement.
if you have charge offs with $0 balance then start sending GW letters. PFD collections.
Good luck to you all
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just posting an update.  I created a new user name since I don't have the old password.  I just wanted to let everyone know my current FICO score is now 736!  My last charge off fell off so that is what caused the big jump in my score.  I did want to point one thing out.  A lot of people talk about how maintaining a credit card balance of 1-9% is better than having no balance, but I haven't noticed any change in my score between when my credit card balances are zero on all my cards and when I maintain a small balance.

The one thing dragging my score down is I have eight hard inquires on my account within the last year.  I have a tool that estimates my credit score into the future and it estimates my experian credit score will jump to 784 if I maintain payments on all of my accounts for the next six months and don't having anything else negative happen in terms of my credit.  This coinsides with when the inquires will be more than one year old.  So all is good for me.  Let me know you have any questions!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question...

What is your process for getting rid of your charge-offs? I know some of them fell off as you said, but did you send GW letters? Did you make phone calls? Who were your charge offs for? Did you send multiple GW letters to get them removed? I am so curious how you went about getting them removed. I have 3 charge offs, and I am having no luck! Smiley Sad I'm hoping you can shed some light...?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.