Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44 point jump in one day!

tag
MovingOnward
Valued Member

44 point jump in one day!

This is a note to thank you all, for your questions and for your amazing help and answers.  Even if we haven't chatted online, I've been reading every single bit of info I can find, and you are truly motivating and helping me with that you write here!

Today got a nice point jump due to having added  a secured Cap One card, getting a late off (GW) and reducing my credit utilsation percentage.  I didn't realize how much difference it could make just by getting new, good credit to report, and doing some serious massaging of the info on my CR.   I have a total of FOUR judgements on my CR (is that a record? Do I win a booby prize? Smiley Wink) so I have a lot of work ahead of me, but for the first time in a long time I have hope.  The goal is to refinance our home within 18 months.  The frustrating part?  If I was able to refinance my home TODAY, I'd be able to payoff those judgements in full, but since they're on my CR, I can't refinance to pay them off.  Ah well.  Moving onward....

Had been reading Dave Ramsey before this, and I can see he covers the 'pay off/debt snowball part of getting debt free, but definitely nothing in there about how to fix the mistakes in your past if you want to buy a house, get a car loan, etc.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Re: 44 point jump in one day!

Good job! Whats your current scores? 

1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, nope. I've got 4 judgements also so, at the very least we tie for the booby prize, lol.  Smiley Happy
Mine are all paid - via wage garnishments -- fun times.  Two will fall off next year, two will  be on my reports til 2022 unless I can get a GW  motion to vacate filed by the attorney.  That is next on my list. Begging them for that.  
Congrats on the score increase!!I I am less than 12 months away from all my baddies (except the 2 newer judgements) from falling off. Can't wait to see what happens to my score as things disappear.  
ETA: Why can I never get the Quote function right?????? 
Message 3 of 4
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I'm at 3..dont' feel bad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.