cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 Days ...54 Points! Need some suggestions!

tag
NOLABelle
Established Member

Re: 45 Days ...54 Points! Need some suggestions!

Hi there!

While I've been lurking for a few months, this is my first time posting in the forum. The information is quite helpful.

NotFancy, thanks for asking. I have been looking for recent AFNI PFD info.

I have two collections with AFNI which are both scheduled to fall off one report in May, 2014 and another report in July, 2014. I presume the different dates relate to their error in reporting the DOFD to one or the other reporting agency. I haven't DV'd yet to confirm which is correct. While I'm in no rush to obtain new credit, I would love to see the TLs disappear and my score increase before June, 2014 and August, 2014, respectively. The SOL has past. I'm in a position to pay both delinquencies in full and I have considered doing that before the TLs fall off my report. However, after 6.5+ years of no payments, I don't want to pay and cause recent activity which might report for another 7 years. Can my recent activity, i.e. payment in full, cause the seven-year clock to reset? I'm not sure I understand the seven year credit agency reporting rule.

Since I've learned in this thread that AFNI won't PFD, I guess my only option, prior to the scheduled removal from the credit reports, is to send a GW letter after payment in full. Correct? 

KTL72455, would you please share the email addresses for AFNI with me via PM? Have you personally had success with GW letters to AFNI? How soon after you paid them in full did you send the GW letter? How long did it take for them to acknowledge it and for the TLs disappeared from your reports?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@NOLABelle wrote:

Hi there!

While I've been lurking for a few months, this is my first time posting in the forum. The information is quite helpful.

NotFancy, thanks for asking. I have been looking for recent AFNI PFD info.

I have two collections with AFNI which are both scheduled to fall off one report in May, 2014 and another report in July, 2014. I presume the different dates relate to their error in reporting the DOFD to one or the other reporting agency. I haven't DV'd yet to confirm which is correct. While I'm in no rush to obtain new credit, I would love to see the TLs disappear and my score increase before June, 2014 and August, 2014, respectively. The SOL has past. I'm in a position to pay both delinquencies in full and I have considered doing that before the TLs fall off my report. However, after 6.5+ years of no payments, I don't want to pay and cause recent activity which might report for another 7 years. Can my recent activity, i.e. payment in full, cause the seven-year clock to reset? I'm not sure I understand the seven year credit agency reporting rule.  If you pay it will not make it stay beyond the federal reporting time which is no later than 7.5 years from the DoFD of the OC account.  If the CA has not been updating with the CRAs on a regular basis and you pay it could cause your score to drop.  It will update to a current date appearing to be new.

Since I've learned in this thread that AFNI won't PFD, I guess my only option, prior to the scheduled removal from the credit reports, is to send a GW letter after payment in full. Correct?  If you haven't tried, it is worth it to go for a PFD.  You never can tell.

KTL72455, would you please share the email addresses for AFNI with me via PM? Have you personally had success with GW letters to AFNI? How soon after you paid them in full did you send the GW letter? How long did it take for them to acknowledge it and for the TLs disappeared from your reports?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 12 of 15
NOLABelle
Established Member

Hi Guiness56,

Thanks for your prompt reply. In in the interest of maintaining my current score, you're correct, nothing beats a failure by a try. Therefore, I'll go for it. If they say no, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 

Thanks again!

Message 13 of 15
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Hello, yes I have had good luck with it and they email back and say they will remove. I paid On line via their website.

Sending you the email address's I used for the good will.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 14 of 15
NOLABelle
Established Member

Hi KTL72455,

Thanks so much. Now let me go and find my inbox here! ;-)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.