Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 point jump on EQ today! WAHOO!

tag
Halliep
Valued Member

45 point jump on EQ today! WAHOO!

A recap:  I had 5 accounts with baddies at the start of my rebuilding in April/May 2013.  

1.  Furniture account that was inaccurately reporting as in collections.

2.  A medical collection for $65-ish.

3.  A medical collection for $100-ish.

4.  One 30-day late on a car payment (from 2010).

5.  Several lates ranging from 30 - 120 days late on my student loans (all more than 2 years ago, and the more serious ones are now older than 4 years ago)

I got #1 deleted this summer - the entire tradeline and all its baddies - because of it's incorrect reporting.

I got #2 deleted via GW within the past few months.

Today, I got a scorewatch alert and found that #3 was deleted (after I recently sent out another round of GW letters to these last three baddie accounts).  I'm now down to ZERO collections!  My EQ (myFICO) jumped 45 points from 693 to 738 today!!!  The only difference in my reports is that this last collection was removed, I had just pulled all three new reports and scores last week.  

Wish I knew how my other two scores jumped too!  But since I just paid to update last week, I won't pay again today.  It's awesome to know they either have or will likely make a big jump too.  EQ was my lowest score, I was at 720 TU and 729 EX last week.  ALL THREE OVER 700!!!! Wahoo!

Now if I could just do something about my serious deliquencies with ACS.  Sigh.  No response to any of my GWs.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: 45 point jump on EQ today! WAHOO!

Congratulations!

I'm not having much luck with ACS, either.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 10
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS!!  Very exciting.  Can't wait myself for my two collections to come off any day now!!

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 3 of 10
Involver
Valued Contributor

I'm also in the ACS boat, however my ACS lates are only reporting on EX (which is why my score is 60+ points worse) and are due to fall off in May of next year. 

Message 4 of 10
Halliep
Valued Member

Interesting. My ACS lates report to all three. I wonder why the difference? Mine won't fall off for another 2-4 years Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 10
Involver
Valued Contributor

Thankfully mine only report to EX ... My loan is currently in rehab so I'm pretty much left with just riding them out until my rehab is done in April.  That whole mess should hopefully clear itself up pretty nicely in a short time frame.

Message 6 of 10
mlcleo
New Visitor

I'm just learning how to fix my credit.  After pulling my report i see that I had a medical bill that hadn't paid for about 100 bucks.  I paid it about 15 months ago but this one small account is dropping my credit score by 59 points! i can't believe it a silly little bill...is there any way to remove it from my credit history or do i have to wait another 5 years for it to drop?  any advis will be very helpful

Message 7 of 10
Halliep
Valued Member

Like yours, my collections were paid long ago but wouldn't have dropped from my report for another few years. I wrote "goodwill" (abbreviated on the forums as GW) letters and that is how I got the collections removed early. Basically, a GW letter requests the creditor to remove the collection from your reports. If you do a search for goodwill examples here on the forums, you'll find some templates you can use. Personalize your letter, be truthful, and be very polite/respectful in tone. I had to send the letters 3 times before the collections were deleted, but it worked!
Message 8 of 10
Halliep
Valued Member

And I should clarify that the GW letter isn't a dispute of the reporting and they are not required to remove at your request. To the contrary, you are asking them to remove the reporting because you satisfied the debt, basically out of the goodness of their hearts. So, if there is a compelling reason why you were late paying the bill, tell them! I had a very severe personal medical situation at the time of my lates and collections, but otherwise a long and perfect credit history except for that period of time, so I filled them in on what happened, backed it up with proof because the story was in the media, and just very honestly apologized. I think something heartfelt yet professional is the way to go, if your circumstances fit!
Message 9 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

Great job!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.